Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: British family attacked in Hua Hin, for being tourists

Liked

British family attacked in Hua Hin, for being tourists

Shocking footage has emerged of what is reported to be a British family being attacked in Thailand, apparently because they were western tourists.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...d121d1d83a6a35

The link includes a 2.25 video, I cannot download

The couple and their adult son were leaving a bar in the Hua Hin province in the early hours of April 13 after celebrating Thai New Year, News.com.au reports, when they were attacked by a gang of young men.
    “At one point the mother, believed to be in her 60s or 70s, tried to sit back up and was kicked in the jaw causing her to fall unconscious,” News.com.au reports.
    British media is reporting that one eyewitness who intervened had claimed in an online forum that the gang deliberately targeted Western tourists.
    Two of the attackers are reportedly in custody but Thai police have released the footage to help find another two still at large.
    The condition of the three victims is unknown.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: British family attacked in Hua Hin, for being tourists

You can check out the whole story, from start to finish with Coconuts.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/04/2...-hua-hin-video

https://youtu.be/VjyArvoCCFI

Surfcrest

Liked

No doubt us older, gentle SGT members will be shocked - but the unfortunate reality is that you could see equally bad or worse incidents any Friday or Saturday night in London, Manchester, Birmingham, or Glasgow.

No doubt we are all appalled by the sight of a group of young men kicking people on the ground, but I'm afraid that is just the nature of these street fights - Queensberry rules do not apply and kicking, stamping, lashing out with belts etc is exactly how these packs of young guys attack.

It's impossible to tell why the fight/attack occurred and there is certainly no justification for it - but it seems a huge leap to state as fact that "just being tourists" was the sole reason. The mother involved certainly seems to have been very animated in the build-up, and the guy (father?) in the floral shirt seemed to continually come back and forth to continue whatever argument was going on - rather than the whole family just more sensibly getting to fuck out of it.

That is not to say that the family were in anyway to blame - just that the situation is confused and will probably become no clearer now the Thai police are involved!
    Last edited by scottish-guy; April 28th, 2016 at 14:41.

Liked

Here is the Khaosod link mentioned in the Coconuts story. Hope they don't kick old ladies lying on the ground in the face in those English cities that SG mentioned.
    http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail...te=06&section=

Liked

Horrible video. Probably both sides to blame. As Scottish has pointed out we've got plenty of that in the UK. Not too much googling required to find British OAPs with smashed in faces after a mugging. And those are pre-meditated, not drunken behaviour.

Liked

It's all over the "Scottish" press today and apparently the family concerned are Scots - so no doubt some verbals were exchanged as you know that they are like

Liked

A video of the attack has stirred shock and outrage over its brutality and the ages of the victims. Photo: AP
    Bangkok: A British tourist out celebrating his elderly father's birthday accidently bumped into a Thai man among street of partygoers in a Thai resort town, police say, sparking a horrific attack caught on CCTV video that has gone viral on the internet.
    "We were all unconscious. My mum did not even realise she had been kicked in the face," said 43-year-old Lewis Owen, a graphic designer living in Singapore, told London's Mirror newspaper.
    "I did not know my head had been stamped on," he said.
    An elderly British couple and their son are on the ground after they were savagely attacked during a family vacation in Hua, Hin, Thailand. Photo: AP
    "It was just out of the blue. None of us were drunk – we had just had a merry night and were going home."
    Advertisement
    The video shows Mr Owen, his mother Rosemary, 65 and his 68-year-old father, who is also called Lewis, being kicked and punched as they lay helpless on a footpath.
    At the end of the video Mrs Lewis sits up as one of the attackers kicked her head, smashing it into the ground.
    The attack lasted about two minutes.
    As the attackers disappeared into the crowd, bystanders came to help the three who were unconscious.
    Police have arrested four suspects after the attack during Buddhist new year celebrations in Hua Hin, a town nestled on the Gulf of Thailand 200 kilometres south-west of Bangkok, on April 13.
    Police are searching for two other suspects.
    Both the elder Mr Owen and Mrs Owen suffered head injuries requiring hospitalisation but they have since recovered.
    The younger Mr Owen said "I don't remember much because I was knocked unconscious and there were stitches in my head."
    He said he did not know why they were attacked.
    "I didn't know them. It was just random," he said.
    Police spokesman Chaiyakorn Sriladecho told reporters that four alleged attackers later said "they were sorry and that they wouldn't have done this if they were not drunk."
    He said the suspects told police they collided in the street with one of the tourists and an argument soon broke out between the two parties.
    The suspects claimed the younger British man pushed and slapped one of them first, so they jumped on the family and savagely beat them, he said.
    The suspects aged between 20 and 32 have been bailed to appear in court on May 3.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/briti...#ixzz47B7Z8eyF
    Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Here is how it is being reported in Scotland. If you follow the link, use an ad blocker as they pop up all over the place. I have reproduced the photos from the article.

You may have difficulty telling an elderly Scottish woman from an elderly Scottish man - this is normal.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...15XUokXhkrU.97

Thailand-attack-video.jpg
    Thai-gran.jpg
    Thai.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i really dont care if the Scots were acting the fool, or whatever. There is simply no excuse for attacking people, especially the elderly and female in thus manner. Oh what a wonderful culture.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 30th, 2016), Surfcrest (April 29th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    i really dont care if the Scots were acting the fool, or whatever. There is simply no excuse for attacking people, especially the elderly and female in thus manner. Oh what a wonderful culture.
    The culture didn't attack them. Six drunk belligerent individuals did. They were arrested.

12. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 30th, 2016)