Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Mandalay from Bangkok/Pattaya

Liked

Mandalay from Bangkok/Pattaya

Bangkok/Pattaya to Mandalay:

For those interested in traveling to see the historical sites of Myanmar there is a gay-friendly tourist driver in Mandalay who knows the city and the area well. He also knows Bagan and can drive you there. He is a safe driver, has a new car, and he knows the best restaurants and massage spots in the city!

In March Saw Maung [So Mo] met us at the airport – on time – and drove us to our hotel. For two days he drove us to all the sights in and around Mandalay and to Mingun across the river. We then went with him to Bagan on a three day trip.

He is the man to contact in Mandalay!
    phone: 95 (0)940 271 4240
    email: zawmaung2010@gmail.com

Josan

[if this is in the wrong place please move]

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Faranglaw (April 25th, 2016), Moses (May 3rd, 2016), Surfcrest (April 25th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Mandalay from Bangkok/Pattaya

What does he charge for the service, including his overnight costs - as I assume he might not have been staying in the same one as you?

Liked

Costs relate to what all services you want; restaurants, sights each day, etc. His overnight costs are included. Drivers all have their own place to stay in Bagan.

Just email him and ask how much for a three day trip to Bagan. That gives you two nights in Bagan: one full day and one half day.

Liked

The best restaurants in Mandalay:
    1. Min ga la ba is a great new restaurant for local food. Located just south of the palace walls, on one of the main streets.
    2. Mr Chan, new, is a barbecue restaurant where all the meat and vegetables are kept in large refrigerated units with glass doors. You pick what you want cooked; rice is brought and very cold beer. Located south of the palace walls. Everyone knows where it is.
    3. Unitmynmar serves great local food and is one of the few places you can get beer on holidays when it is forbidden. It is located at the far east end of 27th Street. All the cab drivers know where it is.
    4. Small River (Ava) Restaurant is located outside of Mandalay in Ava. You drive to Ava, take a small boat across a small river, take a horse cart to the restaurant. All laid out under large spreading trees. My favorite!

ALL of these places are gay friendly. I often have my Thai boyfriend with me and several local gay guys including a local lady boy. Never had any problems. All the local girls always come to admire the lady boy's nice clothes!

Josan

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 27th, 2016), fedssocr (May 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Hotel in Yangon.

City Star Hotel, downtown behind City Hall, is a great hotel because of its location and its large free breakfast. Newly renovated, clean and friendly. Visitors to the rooms are allowed for anyone over 18. They seldom check ID cards.