Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: UK Govt warns gay travellers about US anti-LGBT laws

Liked

UK Govt warns gay travellers about US anti-LGBT laws

The UK government has warned gay and transgender travellers to be careful in the US due to legislation in North Carolina and Mississippi.

Newly passed laws in both states allow businesses to refuse service to LGBT people.

The advisory comes from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

It is "both frightening and embarrassing that one of our nation's staunchest allies has warned its citizens of the risks" of travelling to the US, said Ty Cobb of the Human Rights Campaign.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36104879

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: UK Govt warns gay travellers about US anti-LGBT laws

I saw the beaming Governor of North Carolina weasling away on one of the American Sunday talk shows about how people don't understand the bill - blah, blah! I don't know much of the background but for the rabid right wing to suggest that without it paedophiles and sex perverts will be free to haunt whichever public lavatories take their fancy was mind-glowingly pathetic.

Liked

The land of the free and the home of the brave. Allegedly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I saw the beaming Governor of North Carolina weasling away on one of the American Sunday talk shows about how people don't understand the bill - blah, blah! I don't know much of the background but for the rabid right wing to suggest that without it paedophiles and sex perverts will be free to haunt whichever public lavatories take their fancy was mind-glowingly pathetic.
    The bill also takes away the right of local municipalities to pass anti-discrimination laws. There are a number of liberal pockets in North Carolina such as Raleigh Durham area, and now they are not allowed to protect their LGBT citizens.