Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bali - I need mentoring

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bali - I need mentoring

Just a quick update on bali as I happen to be there just now and in case anyone is reading in the near future wondering about a possible visit etc - and just to say I didn't think it possible but the action in Bali is just NON stop !

To be point of having to avoid opening some of the Apps a there are that many messages coming in or waiting for replies or guys telling you oh they've seen you in some bar / the beach and do you want to hook up etc.

Then of course there are the few gay bars already mentioned which are still packed most evenings with plenty of company there should you want it, in my experience all unpaid too ! ( there are paid options floating about too by why other when there are queues of unpaid guys going out of their way to get your attention. !

And just to be be clear I'm 48 and no oil painting as they say so I'm not suggesting "it's me" - I'm also here with a 48 year old English mate ( who I think is a ugly fucker and he says the same re me lol) but the locals certainly don't seem to agree re that ( nor care) and both his and my dance cards are as full as we want them it too be at all times. It's not so much a matter of "pulling" but more deciding who you're going to ageee to give the ( dubious) pleasure of one of your fucks too after they've asked perhaps numerous times and you've ignored them
    already as you're so busy elsewhere. And I've seen this same story being applied to guys much older than us so it seems to apply across the board so get yourselves to Bali for a wee change perhaps guys.

Plus aside from the shagging Bali IS lovely as there are SO many great quality bars and restaurants to chose from all day and night, definitely a whole different league than Patts that's for sure.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 13th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (July 12th, 2017), MikaQ5 (July 14th, 2017)

Liked

Nice to hear you're having a great time in Bali and that the bar scene is still pumping.

You must go home totally exhausted after your trips. How on earth do you get any work done back in the office??

Will we ever see you back in Pattaya again? Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't get much work done in the office, I have staff for that, I just go in, close my office, pretend I'm in high powered meetings and then basically sleep until it's time for my next trip ! ( I WISH)

And being ever mindful of Thais views that it's the sole responsibility in life of white guys to put rice on their tables I was actually in Bangkok for a week before Bali - thank god for DJ station is all I can say as there was little else I can say in Bangkoks defence "fun" wise these days.

Likewise to be sure I'm spreading the credit card debt equally I actually leave Bali this coming Monday ( god knows why !) to return to the ( very questionable) delights of world famous family friendly resort Pattaya for a week or so.

I'm trying VERY hard not to pass judgement in advance of that part of my trip but I'm guessing exchanging the lovely beaches with clean water and unrestricted umbrellas, plus high end shopping and quality restaurants should I want them, not to mention steady stream of hot hot guys here, all up for free and regular sex, compared to Pattayas dirty so called beach plus their finest Mbs / policemen, shop and bar keepers who are there solely to tap my wallet dry of every last single baht that they can wringe out of me, legally or otherwise, for the least possible quality of service it is going to be an interesting return trip indeed.

* although in the interests of fairness and openness I must confess that a guy in a money exchange booth blatantly ripped me off here the other day of 150 pounds ( he literally just took it off the pile of notes when my back was turned) but I'd seperated my money and knew the second I got back to my room and returned and had a very diplomatic conversation with him where I explained I would be rearranging his features somewhat if he didn't return my money forthwith and after due consideration on his part and a continuation of our conversation at a slightly higher level plus my allowing him to keep 20 quid of the money he stole for "face" and to show my stupidity in the first place much to my amazement he DID actually return the money !!! Again I can't imagine that EVER happening in Thailand and I'd of rather need up arrested and paying a police fine for threatening behaviour no doubt.

Liked

The money exchange scams are well publicised here in Australia. They often use dodgy calculators. Sometimes they count it out incorrectly and are quite blatant.

100, 000, 200,000, 300,00, 600,000.....

It's no use complaining; they just count it out again.

I once went to an exchange booth with a friend and the guy there counted out the money. Everytime she complained they were short-changing her they just re-counted it. In desperation, she decided to go to the shop next door, borrow their phone and call the police.

"Sorry. Phone not work."
    Next shop - "Sorry, no have phone."
    Next shop - "Sorry. My friend using phone."
    And on it went, halfway up the street.

The bottom line is, they are all in this together. It's the same old line - you're a rich foreigner and we are poor, so it's ok to rip you off.

Sound familiar? Lol

Every time I read about your Bali escapades I'm tempted to go back but at the moment I'm busy overseeing renovations. They've been going on for months with no end in sight.

Except for the gay scene, I'm now well and truly over Bali. I used to be a very regular visitor but in recent years I've only stayed a day or two; just enough time for a few delicious meals and then I was happy to come home. But as you say, there are some great restaurants

Kuta was always full of drunken Aussies who then started moving north, through Legian and heading towards Seminyak where the gay bars are.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 16th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had already checked with my hotel and had the number of the cops in my pocket but was told it would cost me 500 rupiah just to get them involved and probably with much outcome - hence me allowing him to keep 500 that he stole if he returned the 2.5 million - which amazingly he did ( still. Or quite why as I'd zero proof other than calling him a theiving cunt and telling him i wasn't there to debate whether he did or not as we both KNOW he did - so, pay up, keep 500 and I go or not pay up and we and you have a BIG problem.

And alas you are also correct re the Aussies slowly creeping into Seminyak and now even more so the gay bars - noticeably so - and with some of fight loving assholes that seem to migrate with that crowd. Thankfully it's bareable but uracil definitely a case of watch this space. I am several others had spoken to the owners and they too are aware they're treading a fine line but of course they need the money but they know if they get the balance wrong they'll kill the goose that's laying their current golden eggs. Even just last night I watched some asshole get all macho just cause some local guy playfully pinched his ass when passing, which of course is all part of the fun in the bars here.

Right on that very point you're now making me nervous that things might change here so as I've only 4 nights left I'd better get out and "do" just as much as I can just to be on the safe side :-)

Liked

Bali (Kuta), Pattaya and Phuket (Patong) look all the same to me, and if it wasn't for the language, I couldn't even tell them apart. I dislike all of them. I was scammed at money exchange in Bali, and my other memories of Bali are mixed.

Did I get this right? You exchanged money at a money exchange booth, noticed in your hotel room that you were short changed, went back, complained, and got part of it back? In retail, there is a rule "count your change immediately, no later reclamations accepted", and when I was almost short-changed in Bangkok (16200 THB instead of 19200), I counted the money while it was still on the counter, and without saying a word, the cashier gave me the missing money.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Kuta Is not seminyak Christian ( although parts might be getting more like it I grant you day by day) and I would disagree with you Seminyak looking like Phuket etc, perhaps small parts, but once you travel out and about there are some beautiful buildings, bars and restaurants and ocean views abounding in the local area. I'm also guessing that you also didn't interact well with the locals or feel the relaxed and chilled out vibe in the area ( as I'm guessing you've never felt chilled out and relaxed in your life and a staff member from one of the bars you were in was able to tell me you'd been rude to them - in their opinion and had asked for some info, got your answer, they then tried to interact with you further and you cut them dead and ignored them), the chilled out and being friendly thing Is all part of life here it seems and makes a trip enjoyable - the same as anywhere else I'm guessing and is also the reason you probably don't enjoy too many other places that most seem to find ok too.

And to be monetary for just a second ( which I know you'll like) one MASSIVE difference is that it seems that one can shag themselves to a standstill here, perhaps two and three times a day, every day and over for a reasonably long holiday period at that - and for FREE - try doing THAT in Thailand for even a week ! Hell you live there and still can't seem to manage it in any organised or regular way with having to do a mountain of work to achieve that, here, it's an App reply and a meet 15 minutes later - so I'm told anyway if my BF reads this later !

And re the money changer yes of course I'm familiar with the money must be counted before leaving the store rules etc - but when I went back it wasn't a contract I was waving at him but more my fist and a "real world" proposition of "there's two ways we can sort this out, up to you how"' - and as I said I was both very relieved and surprised that he picked my way - but remember he stole 2.7 million and I only got back 2,2 - so he was still 500 up ! For stealing and me not breaking his face or calling the police, so on reflection he made the right choice. And yes I did of course count my money but he simply pinched some of it back when I averted my gaze for a mere millisecond.

Liked

I can agree wholeheartedly with NIrish. I stayed in Bali (Ubud) for a week back in the day, and it was an amazing experience. Was planning to spend a couple months there, but couldn't find anywhere decent with internet at the time. Hotel promised they had internet, but nope. Had about 5 taxi drivers running around looking for a room in a house or similar for me that had internet, and again, nope. Although we did find one house that had dial-up, and I actually regret not taking that offer, becuase I'm sure it would have been an amazing experience.

The one thing I'll never forget about Bali is I don't think I've ever seen the color green as beautiful as it was there. Go outside into the countryside a bit, and the level of green was deep, lush, and beautiful.

The people were absolutely amazing, and extremely friendly. Loads of people would chat you up with a smile, genuinely chat with you about this or that, and never asked for anything. The hotel staff were awesome, and I remember a couple nights we'd end up sitting outside the hotel entrance, on this wodden peir type thing overlooking a rice field, drinking "Iraq" all night, a local alcohol.

But yeah, aside from the shit internet and being forced to use internet cafes, I can highly recommend Bali, or at least Ubud. That Hindu culture is great. And this was about 8 years ago, so I'm sure the internet is just fine now.

Liked

Quotes of Nirish guy in italic

Kuta Is not seminyak Christian ( although parts might be getting more like it I grant you day by day) and I would disagree with you Seminyak looking like Phuket etc, perhaps small parts,

The central areas (in Pattaya even from Naklua to Jomtien) look all the same, and are the same boring to me, in Pattaya, Phuket(Patong), Bali(Kuta): traffic jams, scams, money exchanges, massage parlors, bars with alcohol and loud music and the like.

I'm also guessing that you also didn't interact well with the locals or feel the relaxed and chilled out vibe in the area ( as I'm guessing you've never felt chilled out and relaxed in your life

You have a point.

and a staff member from one of the bars you were in was able to tell me you'd been rude to them - in their opinion and had asked for some info, got your answer, they then tried to interact with you further and you cut them dead and ignored them)

I have no idea where and when, and it was not my intent to be rude. Please provide details, either here on by pm. Even when someone who is not my type latches on me, I am diplomatic in getting rid of him.

he chilled out and being friendly thing Is all part of life here it seems and makes a trip enjoyable - the same as anywhere else I'm guessing and is also the reason you probably don't enjoy too many other places that most seem to find ok too.

You have a point.

And to be monetary for just a second ( which I know you'll like) one MASSIVE difference is that it seems that one can shag themselves to a standstill here, perhaps two and three times a day, every day and over for a reasonably long holiday period at that - and for FREE - try doing THAT in Thailand for even a week !

Looking back, boy-wise my trip was ok. My stay was too short for any meaningful statistics.
    Last edited by christianpfc; July 17th, 2017 at 23:47.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have no idea where and when, and it was not my intent to be rude. Please provide details, either here on by pm.

It was in one of the main two gay bars and I'll not go further if you don't mind - and not I assure you as it didn't happen but simply that the guy still works there and it would I'm sure that you all of 3 seconds to work ou who that might be.

I would say this in your defence when the story was told to me about this rude / cold guy that he'd been cold shouldered by I laughed by a "mean guy" as I'd just read your trip report.( they're my words btw as it was a while ago now and I can't recall the exact phases used but that was certainly his meaning - but as I sai in your defence I've no doubt in YOUR head you asked for whatever info you'd requested, got your reply and that was obviously the end of any requirement for interaction between you and he - that I can fully imagine and understand how YOU reach that conclusion. However when you then factor in that whole ethos of both Bali and the bar staff and customers is to be very tactile, chatty and flirty with ALL visitors to the bar ( who normally return the flirting and good humour in equal measure) then THAT would have been why your actions would have been deemed as standoffish and rude.

I'm sure this isn't news to you and is all just part of the whole Autism / Asphergers thing you've got going on and you're probably rarely aware ( or care) or others taken the view that they do of their interactions with you. But to be fair it does come across sometimes that you are aware of it and still choose not to intentionally soften your interactions to make you "appear" a nicer guy ( in their eyes) as being blunt you don't "really" care what they think anyway as they're beneath you in way in SO many different ways - meanwhile you leave the bar either unaware of appearing rude or perhaps feeling superior whereas they just go on about their jobs / thinking "asshole" - and I don't mean that as an insult to you, I'm merely trying to show the thought processes involved by others that might take them to that position as I'm guessing ( again no insult intended) that you rarely see or understand that.