Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bali - I need mentoring

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bali - I need mentoring

Quote Originally Posted by paulo15 View Post
    Well Grindr isn't really a place, more like heaven (or hell depending on your point of view).
    Anyway, if you are using Grindr the App in Indonesia you will need to access it through a VPN as it's now one of the gay sites the Government have blocked access to, so download it before you arrive and download a VPN also.
    Good advice, it actually took me a day or two to work out what the fuck was going on as in my hotel and on hotel wifi accessing Grindr was totally fine but yet in the bars and on their wifi etc it was VERY slow to load and only worked intermittently. I then went out and bought a local Sim card to beat this and still found it not working as normal. I eventually figured to try a VPN and all then worked as normal - the strange thing was I asked the staff in the bars (who I know well) had it been blocked by Government etc and every one of them said No and actually the bar manager was quite pleased it had been "slowed" somehow as he said that Grindr was really starting to affect the bars income ( although the bar was full most nights I was there), I had actually figured that the bars where actually reduced their available bandwidth or something perhaps to slow Grindr's use inside the bar maybe even - but no, blocked by the Government for sure ( although not very well) - so yes downloading yourself a free VPN is the way to go in Bali IF you find you need it and your access to fun is being curtailed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    it was VERY slow to load and only worked intermittently. I then went out and bought a local Sim card to beat this and still found it not working as normal.
    As you experienced the block is intermittent, some hotels run their wifi through a VPN or a smart DNS connection so you can still get access. The big baddy is Telkomsel the state owned telecoms company and they and their cable division - Indihome - block loads of things. Although you can still open Grindr either the pictures won't load or only limited pictures will load, what you won't get is any messages without using a VPN.
    Cheers

Liked

And Christian may I suggest you find a new "interaction" coach as the farang you said "gives you tips how to pull boys" doesn't it seem to be doing a great job, either that or you're too harshly interpreting his instructions,
    You are mixing something up. I have two Farang friends who have completely different styles, but both much better success than I have, who I occasionally refer to.

I'm guessing that the above to you ie standing talking what is basically bullshit all night is the very LAST thing that you would call enjoyable and to you would be both boring, a poor use of your time and non productive as a lot of time would be spent talking to people you may have already decided in your 5 second introductory skin, temperature, tattoo that's etc that they're not the guy for you anyway - but his MATE might be and by cutting him off and making yourself look "weird" you've just killed any chances of that happening either.
    There is some truth in this. Some days ago, I was walking in Bangkok and passing a group of Thais sitting and drinking, and heard a "hello" called in my direction. I was in a hurry, and even if I hadn't been, without paying particular attention to them, from the angle of my eye I saw when approaching and passing that there was no material that would warrant a stop*, so I continued walking hoping that would pass as "he hasn't heard me" versus "what an arrogant asshole".

*I have such an amazing brain, scanning my surroundings for cute boys goes automatically. I can navigate a broken sidewalk, have a phone call, calculate the third root of two paperless, watch out for my bus, and still be aware "cute boy incoming, two o'clock, 20 meter away".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    *I have such an amazing brain, scanning my surroundings for cute boys goes automatically. I can navigate a broken sidewalk, have a phone call, calculate the third root of two paperless, watch out for my bus, and still be aware "cute boy incoming, two o'clock, 20 meter away".
    And then STILL fail to connect with him in any meaningful way and walk on wondering "shit, what could I have said to him" as he walks away and you then realise that the moment has passed and you'll now never know if he was your ideal BF or not !

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 15th, 2017)