FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand opening at the new Castro reolacing Copa

Liked

Grand opening at the new Castro reolacing Copa

this was posted from google daily alerts and is from gaythailand
    There are a lot of photos taken from the show
    http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay...he-new-castro/

The Grand Opening Party at Castro Showbar in it’s new bigger premises was a spectacular affair. The evening commenced with a big crowd on the terrace watching the passing parade and the coming and goings at Boys Boys Boys. We were then treated to a nice low-key Issan Concert featuring two of our favourite male dancers.

After a short break it was time for the show and in my humble opinion, this was one of the best shows I have ever seen in Pattaya. There is always a good show at Castro but last night they really pulled out the stops. Spectacular new costumes, terrific new numbers,including a couple of great comedy spots, mind-blowing performances, and an atmosphere that was quite electric. If this what we are to expect from the new Castro Bar I believe it will be a great success.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Grand opening at the new Castro reolacing Copa

What are the drink prices

Liked

And how long is the show?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    We were then treated to a nice low-key Issan Concert featuring two of our favourite male dancers.
    The Issan Concert was anything but low-key; an audio nightmare! But the two dancers were cute and did a nice routine .

Tonight was at Oscars and subjected to the noise from Serene in competition with Boyz, boyz, boyz. Only thing missing was IrishGuy doing a jig to the sound of a Thousand Pipers.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"IrishGuy doing a jig to the sound of a Thousand Pipers."

I only ever get up and jig when it's the 100 Pipers that's doing the rounds :-)

6. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (April 12th, 2016)

Liked

I might mention that, while at Oscars, saw a number of good looking Chinese guys either walking through or sitting and having a drink and a smoke, and going into Boyz,boyz,boyz.
    Plus some Korean guys who my Thai waiter seemed to favor..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Any response to the earlier questions - drink prices and length of the show?

Liked

I have not been yet to new Castro. At old location there was a two for one promotion for happy hour up until about 10 pm. Can't recall the price but very reasonable esp if getting 2!
    As long as the first drink was prior to 10pm the second drink was free. Hope that has not changed.

Liked

I need the business model explained. Assuming the show starts at 2300 and lasts for about forty-five minutes, does the bar make money for the rest of the evening? are there off-boys? Is the management expecting punters who use Panorama or Serene to transfer their allegiance? I don't recall seeing many drinkers in its previous premises.

Throb did well because (apart from a popular male show) it had a large group of cute go go dancers that operated from about 2100 until the bar closed. Copa's go-go component was small and (as far as I could see when I was a regular) attracted few takers. It made money in its early years because the show was popular. Then a lot of money-I assume- was spent on refurbishment and the bar was empty for much of the evening....and, in recent years, poorly-supported even when the show was being performed.
    I'd love to see a vibrant Boyztown again, offering a variety of opportunities and attracting plenty of customers. But I'd be surprised if more khatoey shows are the answer.

Liked

Oliver I agree with you I preferred it when the boys were available to be taken off. In fact more than a few years ago, I remember they only had about 5 boys one night and later I was told these had come back for second offs. No it was not high season.

It seemed that the Copa owners like Venue, did not need the money and ran the shows for their own amusement.

The big cock show at BBB does not interest me. Too many lady boy also lose my interest. Hunky boys well packaged that are looking for work, is what it needs.

If nudity is allowed and probably has to be paid for, and the owners are prepared to do so,then the reluctant strip under the shower, is a nice change. BBB used to have once no nudity on stage and the boys were not allowed to let their cocks show under the shower, needless to say they did and it was very popular.

I have always thought if you paid to attend the show you qualified for half price off fee afterwards.
    Just a suggestion
    Last edited by lonelywombat; April 12th, 2016 at 15:21.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves