Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I do hope all those who visit the city will visit the Museum and the Killing Fields outside the city. They are far from pleasant sights and many cry.
    And I was certainly one of the many. Man what a powerful and emotional place that was, you could almost feel the oppression and pain that had gone on there oozing from the brickwork.

My trip there along with the other must see places in P.P really brought it home to me about just how much PR and propaganda we're all fed by our OWN Governments as well the opposed side to get us to support their causes as when you seen some of the horrific pics on the walls and the deformed babies etc in the jars as a result of American chemical warfare such as agent Orange use and the use of napalm etc etc as well of course as the KR's crazed cruelty to their own people and the skulls ( as can be seen in FH's pic), SO many skulls, all just piled up around the place of course it really hit hard and left me quite shell shocked for the next few hours after I left.

So, when I say well worth a visit I mean it not in a light hearted "oh when there you'll really have to pop in and see" but more "you really SHOULD go and see what was carried out in the West's name too as by god we've a lot to answer for just as much as others have in terms of human suffering too".

2. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (March 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Re: Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

Re fountainhall. Mao.
    It’s my understanding that Mao’s forces did share (for a period) the same war theatre with the Nationalists and the Japanese and that he always avoided taking on the invaders when he could have done so.
    Yes he did welcome the Japanese presence because they tied up his Chinese oponents in my view.
    However I can see that you know more about this place and time than I do.
    My other pet hate is the Little Corporal, by the way, but we can keep that for another day.