Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 star hotels

Liked

4/5 star hotels

,, I am looking to treat myself and stay in a more upmarket hotel on my next visit to bkk. I need a hotel where there will be no trouble in allowing my thai friend to stay ( he cannot book in the same time as I can ), centre to silom or near to transit system

Liked

Re: 4/5 star hotels

I don't see a problem. Make a booking at the hotel of your choice, and when your friend arrives go to the front desk together and register him together. I stay at the Swiss Lodge near Silom BTS which might be 4*. No problem there just make your booking for two.

Liked

Check out gaythailand.com and do a search. Beaucoup info on places to stay that are gay friendly.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

aot871,

You will never see a 4-5 star hotel in Asia advertised as gay friendly for the mere fact that luxury hotels are designed to accomodate all of their guests with no restrictions or dicrimination...at least from my experiences.

I have stayed at several 5 star hotels in Bangkok during business trips as well as during my normal holidays with a boy in tow and never once had any problems concerning my choice of room guest, or the fact that we were gay.

If you want to treat yourself to a few days of luxury you may consider the Bangkok Dusit Thani, Banyon Tree or Shangri La, all of which are great hotels, but my favorite without question is the Sheraton Grande Sukumvit. It's like being in heaven at this place...world-class service...great buffet...full spa services...lush landscaping...romantic settings...a dream swimming pool...and the fact that I could have a boy sitting on my lap at poolside without raising any eyebrows. Well, on second thought, I remember a group of Korean men one time who were staring at my Thai partner frequently but think this had more to do with their inclinations towards his speedo swim trunks than anything else...LOL.

Also, as a side note, you may want to bring a small bottle of "Bubble Bath" with you. It never crossed my mind until the first time I stayed at one of these hotels with a boy from Isaan who never had the opportunity to sit in a bath tub. I was still unpacking the suitcase and he was already laying back in an over-flowing tub of warm water in pure bliss. He emerged from the bathroom an hour later wearing one of those plush white robes they provide with this look of total contentment on his face...just great!

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (March 17th, 2016), christianpfc (March 17th, 2016), splinter1949 (March 17th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

From comments on this and other boards, try the excellent 5-star Le Meridien in Suriwong - very close to the nightlife and less expensive than most other 5-star hotels - or the 4-star Courtyard by Marriott - one Skytrain stop away and usually good deals on offer. No problem with joiners but better if you book for two and tell reception your partner will be arriving later. Swiss Lodge half a star down but great location and cheaper. Generally there is little problem with joiners at most of the top hotels provided your companion is dressed reasonably. T-shirts, torn jeans, shorts and flip-flops can often result in security wanting to ask an embarrassing question or two.

Liked

Earlier travel stays at Tarntawan, Siam Heritage, Centre Point Silom and Triple Two Silom which are 3-4?* comfortable and no problem with joiners. Prefer a little more upscale now Siri Sathorn,Pullman G, Eastin Grande Sathorn and Crowne Plaza Lumpini last time. I visited the Courtyard that Fountainhall mentioned as well as the Grande Centrepoint Ratchadameri nearby and thought both were very nice, good location and are on my list. Going to Le Meridien and the new Amara on Suriwong next time around. There is such a wide choice of hotels I have a 2 stay limit per hotel. I like to explore different areas by moving around abit and being near Skytrain is a must. When I see a hotel that looks interesting, I go in and check it out for next time. Staff have always been quite delighted to show me a few rooms and give a tour of the facility. I usually stay for a week to 10 days, at a time, so the hotel choice is important for me.

Liked

Reviving an old thread. On my next trip to BKK, I was thinking of the Le Meridien or the Amara. Anyone had a recent experience? Thanks

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I would suggest the Dusit at Rama 4 and Silom..... it is very high end and considering it’s location they have seen it all.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

The problem is that the chances for off-the-scale fun diminishes in direct proportion to the raising of the stars.
    You can have a 5-Star Orgy in a 2-star hotel no problem and visa-versa I think.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 19th, 2017), arsenal (October 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I would suggest the Dusit at Rama 4 and Silom..... it is very high end and considering it’s location they have seen it all.

Yup, Dusit Thani while you can, it's set to be demolished next year.

I've been to roof top bar only, beautiful night time views!

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 19th, 2017)