Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bar off, clothes on.

Liked

Re: Bar off, clothes on.

Come on Bucky, don't get so defensive. After all, you're the one who started the topic asking, "how can I be friendly to a hooker, without making him angry at me?".

Really, it's Thailand, just enjoy. Go visit the guy, say, "well, I'm hungry, and going to grab something to eat. Want to come?". If he looks confused, just chuckle and say, "don't worry, no sex... if you want, I'll tip you 500 to be nice", and off you gu into the sunset.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (March 14th, 2016)

Liked

Actually I owe Buck an apology.
    My reply above ~ in all it's misplaced high dudgeon ~ was in reference to the 'off fee' ... but in fact, re-reading Bucky's original post, his point was all about the negotiable, and very different, 'tip fee' for services rendered. Somewhere along the line I got my wires crossed quite badly and mixed the two up.

Sorry Bucky, and my sincere apologies.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (March 15th, 2016)

Liked

Not defensive at all.
    I think you all have a kind act confused with a working proposition. I'm not offing a stranger. I'm showing kindness to a friend.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Actually I owe Buck an apology.
    My reply above ~ in all it's misplaced high dudgeon ~ was in reference to the 'off fee' ... but in fact, re-reading Bucky's original post, his point was all about the negotiable, and very different, 'tip fee' for services rendered. Somewhere along the line I got my wires crossed quite badly and mixed the two up.

Sorry Bucky, and my sincere apologies.
    No problem. I was wondering how the advice was all l going so wrong haha

Liked

I have to concur with Dodger and Newallan on this one...

Most nights I get a lot of questions from friends and acquaintances as to where I am going later that night and they all offer their company.

In these cases its usually a case of me paying the drinks tab and for food and taxi after the disco or pub. The odd time I will also pay their off fee (e.g. on Morlam night) No tip is offered or expected.
    Those that take the piss or act the ass - don't get a re-invite.

Of course some end up spending the night and there are tips involved!

In the case of a boy I off from the bar. I never negotiate up front... just ask him if he wants to join me in the disco
    If we hit it off, then he comes back to the room for fun
    If we don't hit it off, or gets too drunk (happens a lot!) then the tip is 500-700-1000 depending on where he has been offed from and how long he has stayed...

Edit: I should add that BF is usually with me most of the time, so that makes negotiation easier and misunderstandings less frequent!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 15th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway View Post
    I'm not offing a stranger. I'm showing kindness to a friend.
    If any of us intends to show kindness to a friend, surely we don't usually do it while he's at his job where he's gone with the intention of earning a living. Why not wait until his private time (the afternoon?) and demonstrate your kindness at a time of day which would be more appropriate in any other sphere of life?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Actually, you said you have them on Line, right? So you have their contact info, hence no need to resort to disturbing them at work?

Why not just drop them a message and ask, "hey man, I'm coming to Thailand soon, can I take you out for lunch some day?".

Buck, you're starting to sound like a 9 year old who has a crush on a girl, but is too shy to talk to her. (just playing with ya)

11. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

I offered 4 guys the option of accompanying me to morlam one evening, a night off from sex etc, 500B each. Two turned up, two did not. Decide for yourself how much you're willing to pay, ask them if they are interested. Not difficult.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I guess we all got our kinks...some are simply lonely and want company.....

Liked

Bucky, if time permits, I will hang out with you for free!