Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bar off, clothes on.

Liked

Re: Bar off, clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway View Post
    Thanks guys, I can't help but think you all are under the impression that I am trying to find a way to be cheap with the guys which i'm not. There are 2 guys I like and simply want to be nice to them by offing them and maybe going someplace else to have a drink together or share a bite to eat. I don't plan to take up no more than 1/2 an hour of their time.

I don't want to negotiate with him as that would put a different spin and feel to what I am doing. I am simply paying for a potential friend to have a 30 min break from work and to give him a little money. My question is what would be the appropriate tip/gift in that situation?

If you have an answer I would be happy to know it even if it requires the use of a soapbox. (Smile)
    My answer would be the same as before simply because you are "offing" the boy from his place of work and the expectation is to pay the going rate. I have done exactly what you are suggesting in years past. What you might do is to buy him lunch or dinner before work and explain this so there are no misunderstandings.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good advice from cdnmatt. Right to the point.
    Most boybars have outdoor seating, where one can easily chat for 30 min.
    In Pattaya; Boyzboyzboyz, Funny boys, Toy boys, A-bomb, Xboys, Dream boys, etal, all have relatively
    quiet outdoor seating, where customers can buy drinks and talk with the boys.

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 14th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Sounds like your American acquaintance and LatintopXXX could form a team.

First of all Latin could talk the price down to 500B - on the strength of the boy's bunghole being as loose an old woman's.

Then, after they have ridden the boy (like a pony) 3 times each (with internal cumming to keep Mr Yank happy), Latin could call the boy a whore and throw the money on the floor.

I'm sure it would be a hit.

But, to get back to the topic, I'm in agreement with others - the tip should be the same whether its for sex or for other activities.
    After all chat could fill an hour whereas it might take only 30 seconds for sex (or is that just me?)
    What's happened to Latintop? Maybe he moved on to a true S/M torture forum with liked minded men?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

scotty and dodger, soooo nice that u miss me.....and scotty...yes u almost got me down to a T. Only u gotta get your timing right...I would agree to a 1000 for say a 3 hour fuck date...and renegotiate down when he failed to meet expectations...as in wants to go after an hour because be cant take the pounding...like thats what the stooopid fucker is paid for and cant even get that right!!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....and dodger ...all this talk about shallow and devalue..and the fact that unless u treat the whore like your life partner that somehow its not right!!! What planet do u inhabit?? I take great pleasure in offing a gogo and treating him like an object...I dont need him to like me...I pay so he has to like me...and he must simply assume the positions i want him to assume. Its sooo simple that even a Thai gogo can understand...and most do. In the vast majority of my dates the only words spoken r my instructions and occasionally my sniggers at his discomfort. and yes when im done I take additional pleasure in treating the gogo like a spent item...like Im finished so what r u waitng for...just throw your clothes on...pick up the cash from the floor...thank me...and go.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latin View Post
    ....and dodger ...all this talk about shallow and devalue..and the fact that unless u treat the whore like your life partner that somehow its not right!!! What planet do u inhabit?? I take great pleasure in offing a gogo and treating him like an object...I dont need him to like me...I pay so he has to like me...and he must simply assume the positions i want him to assume. Its sooo simple that even a Thai gogo can understand...and most do. In the vast majority of my dates the only words spoken r my instructions and occasionally my sniggers at his discomfort. and yes when im done I take additional pleasure in treating the gogo like a spent item...like Im finished so what r u waitng for...just throw your clothes on...pick up the cash from the floor...thank me...and go.

Thanks a lot Cat...you just woke Doctor Demented.

Hey latin...so nice to hear from you again. I thought that maybe you had been captured.

I'm sure they're just thrilled when you toss the cash on the floor, but you left out the most romantic part when you stand on their faces. Oh well...maybe you're just taming with time. Don't let my remarks about...shallow...devaluated...bad karma, etc. bother you. Just crawl back in your cave, cover your head with that black cape of yours, and continue dreaming about your leading role in the re-make of Caligula.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 13th, 2016)

Liked

What is the average tip for a no sex off?

On this trip to Thailand, I hope to see a guy I like at scorpion bar. I plan to off him and just hang out with him for a couple of hours. No sex.

I pLan to do the same thing with a guy that works at boys, boys, boys.
    Thanks guys, I can't help but think you all are under the impression that I am trying to find a way to be cheap with the guys which i'm not. There are 2 guys I like and simply want to be nice to them by offing them and maybe going someplace else to have a drink together or share a bite to eat. I don't plan to take up no more than 1/2 an hour of their time.
    I don't think anyone would consider you are being cheap, on the contrary it's a nice generous gesture. But I think there are two distinct areas here. First are the top 1% of Pattaya boys and a large proportion of Twilight Agogo boys, for whom a better off is a realistic prospect. Then there is the other 99% of Pattaya boys and all host bar boys where unless they are in huge demand a better offer on any particular night is unlikely. I'm not sure what category your boys are in, if they are superstars and in great demand I wouldn't consider without discussing upfront and making an acceptable offer, whatever category they are in I agree with cdnmatt and Dodger in that Bt500 is fair.

I totally disagree with those who have suggested the tip for a sexual and non-sexual liason should be the same, that's absurd especially in Pattaya where the amount of boys who can command top dollar on a nightly basis is very rare. It's all down to circumstances as following experiences show. One of the boys I talk about below even did have the prospect of an off in the sunee host bar he works and he is an attractive lad, but he said he really didn't like the potential customer who had opened a bottle of whisky and all the lads in the bar were sharing. Also the potential customer had not given any assurances so he was happy for the chance to be elsewhere.

I sometimes/often off boys for a night of sanuk or non-sexual fun. I'm just back from my most recent trip so have some limited recent experiences. My visit could still be considered 'busy' season and in Pattaya had offers from boys only to pay off fee for going for a night of sanuk (and even sex) with no tip required. I took off 3 boys from Pattaya bars for sanuk evenings/nights, of course I offered and gave Bt500 tips to all, one said a tip wasn't necessary as I had paid off and he enjoyed the night with free drinks and food, of course he did accept it. The other two just accepted the Bt500 when offered at the end of the night and seemed delighted, all suggested repeats.

All liaisons basically came about when chatting generally in the bar and them asking what my plans for the evening were, I said visiting a couple of bars in North Pattaya where my Thai friends work in rock bands or Walking St or clubs/music bars and whatever and on each occasion it was they who offered to accompany me, [pbai duay!] "only pay bar, no tip ok!" Some of the lads know I have a bf and that he doesn't like the bars every single night, whereas I do, it's an essential part of my holiday! As is usual a couple of the Duks bar and Eden bar lads even offered to 'thrown in' sex if I wanted. But as Dodger experiences I find many of the lads working in the bars love a night of fun and some really enjoy the noisy music bar/club environments and likewise with Dodger give Bt500 at end of evening/night and all pleased with arrangement.

I also had a similar night with a lad who works in Silom Soi 4, I hadn't seen him for a while and he had been working Soi 4 for a few months and again it was he who offered to accompany me. He was able to get off a bit early so we went to DJ Station which closed suddenly and early at 2am! so we headed to GOD where I haven't been for ages, and it was good vibe there compared to previous visits some time ago. Had great time, he said it was rare to get a night out and was chuffed with Bt500 for taxi home, in fact he seriously said it wasn't necessary. accepted it for old times sake...haha. I had a great time too so it was win-win. I wasn't looking for anyone in DJ or GOD so it was handy to already be with someone to avoid potentially awkward approaches.

Also a counter arguement to Fountainhall's denying the boy income, for the vast majority of working boys realistically an off every night just doesn't happen so bucknaway, dodger may be offering the only prospect of income for that night, Bt500 is still better than zero.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 14th, 2016), Moses (March 14th, 2016)

Liked

My first thought was what a sad individual you must be that you have to pay people to hang out with you, because I could call 10 right now and hang out with them in 30 minutes for free, or maybe pay for a drink or a meal.

However if you come for holiday, want someone who speaks English (do those you write about do?), handsome and want it now and here, then it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    There's no difference between taking a bar boy out either for sex or a chat. By taking him off, you deny him the income he might be making by being offed by someone else.
    That was my first idea as well, you pay the boy for his time, regardless of what you do. However, the chance of the boy being offed by someone else is very low; I see a lot of room for negotiation, 500 Baht for hanging out is very reasonable, bordering on generous.

Of course if you like the boy and want to support him financially, pay the full rate, but then you wouldn't have asked this question?

Offer 500 Baht, no discussion, no negotiation, just yes or no. Think about it: if the feeling is mutual, he will agree. If he is greedy or does not enjoy hanging out with you he will ask for more, but do you want to hang out with someone who is greedy or counts the minutes until it's over and he can go back?

Liked

I don't know why you don't get what the large majority of replies are saying (other than reverting into the fetal position and squeaking nonsense about how nobody understands you): you take a guy out of the bar ... you pay the regular off fee. Period.
    It matters not a tinker's damn why you take him off. No one in the bar gives a shit, just pay me the money bro.
    How long have you been coming to Thailand anyway? Must be more than 10+ years now.

If you really want to have a sweet tete-a-tete with him: take him off, pay the off fee, and ask him if he'd like to join you for lunch the next day. He'll probably be on his own time around 1:00 pm.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Everyone calm down.... I'm not talking about taking some random stranger from a bar. The 2 different guys I talk with from time to time using line. I'm not interested in them sexualy and I just want to be nice to them without the act of kindness turning into them stalking me for money or them fearing they will lose out on a well paid off from another guy.

I'm not going to give them cash as a gift. I'm their chat friend. When I arrive in pattaya, i will go to his bar in the complex, sit with him, buy him a drink and ask him if he wants to join me on the beach for a while or do something else.

I may just off him and sit with him at a different bar in the same soi. Before we part, I'll give him the gift I have for him and also provide him a tip and mention that I want to tip him because I am took up his work time. After that, I know I will see him from time to time and we will greet each other warmly.

I'm just trying to be nice to friends that work in a bar.