List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LET ME TELL YOU, can you help the Board out on this?

Liked

LET ME TELL YOU, can you help the Board out on this?

Right now on many of Let Me Tell You's latest topics there are ~ within each thread ~ some allegations (by Members named "Padlom" and "GWMinUS") that LMTY is simply copying articles straight out of StickyRice and pasting them here on the Board as if they are his own written words. There is no question that that is happening (the StickyRice articles are essentially word-for-word) . . . but is it pure plagiarism?

Padlom, are you sure that LMTY is not simply copying his own articles (written for StickyRice) here to the Board?

I have no idea about this, and if it is true that LMTY is one of StickyRice's correspondants, then he should have the courtesy to say so straight up, and add something like "... originally written by me for StickyRice Magazine ... " at the bottom of each copy & paste (for copy&pasting is certainly what's going on here). I am in a head-scratching frame of mind about this as it would boggle me greatly to think that anyone with half a brain would think he could get away with this for very long . . . . though StickyRice is obviously not well read by the Members of this Board! :blackeye:

I think some clarification from LTMY would be in order, rather than just screaming "plagiarizer" from the rooftops without being sure of the facts.

If LMTY is simply copying his own words into this Forum, then he is not a plagiarizer. If however, he has been knowingly copying stuff which he did not write to this Board and letting folks believe it's his own work, then he most certainly is one.

Let Me Tell You ... can you help the Board out on this?

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Nice Try

I thought his spelling and grammar had become so much better.
    To me this is rather pathetic that someone would copy and paste
    from another writer and not give do credit to the REAL writer.

Also from what I recall if I am correct you where bashing American Teacher for
    promoting his restaurant on this forum but you continue to promote several restaurants and real estate venues to no end. Sure makes me wonder what your commission is.

I for one will be happily stopping by NiddyтАЩs Nook and will form my own judgments
    and am more then happy to support a fellow gay forum farang with a meal.
    I sure hope he does not copy and paste them. :idea:

Liked
    I come here for the information, the reviews, and the personal anecdotes. I just want to be able to take in some of the essence of Thailand and it's gay, expat community.

I don't really worry myself over where the info comes from, who reports it, how accurate it is, grammer, spelling etc.etc. I believe I am intelligent enought to filter the information to my benefit or, for a couple of posters, the "ignore" button works fine.

Sometimes the nit-picking quickly loses it's initial humour and becomes "na beua".

Looking forward to your review of the Nook.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    I come here for the information, the reviews, and the personal anecdotes. I just want to be able to take in some of the essence of Thailand and it's gay, expat community.

I don't really worry myself over where the info comes from, who reports it, how accurate it is, grammer, spelling etc.etc. I believe I am intelligent enought to filter the information to my benefit or, for a couple of posters, the "ignore" button works fine.

Sometimes the nit-picking quickly loses it's initial humour and becomes "na beua".
    I hear you.. Any info can be good info for us visitors.

Doug is "intelligent enought [sic] to filter the information", yet seemingly not quite intelligent enough to spell "grammar" correctly, nor to know the difference between "its" and "it's". Ho hum.

Re: Just shows you could get away with nothing here:))

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    Yes your right Smiles, as a matter of fact I did previously give them there credit for the Information posts I wrote, Thank you Smiles for bringing it to my attention no plagiarism indented
    Well not until you were found out to be copying & pasting other peoples work. :bom:

Liked
    Two points
    First I do appreciate Let me tell u's information. It is sad that so many of the communiity in Pattaya have so little to do that they spend their time hurling abuse at others
    Second, I have been to Niddy's. It is one of perhaps 50 or so gay establishments in the area, say within a half mile. It is no better nor worse than most. But it sure gets an undue amount of free advertising here on this forum. It is in a poor location and custom is thin, but the never-ending promotion irritates. Is it worth it? No.

Boygeenyus

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Doug is "intelligent enought [sic] to filter the information", yet seemingly not quite intelligent enough to spell "grammar" correctly, nor to know the difference between "its" and "it's". Ho hum.
    You may do well to pay attention to the final line of Doug's messge

"Sometimes the nit-picking quickly loses it's initial humour ..."

Re: Dont waist your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    I'm so flattered you choose to spend so much times being so interested in what I say. I need all the Fans I can find and your so fansome.
    "Don't waist your breath." I love it! And I mean that. Sincerely. And, "fansome," simply priceless!
    Yes, you do give us some interesting information about gay Thailand--And Some of us appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman41
    "Sometimes the nit-picking quickly loses it's initial humour ..."
    If there are points in heaven for being polite, that certainly earned you some.
    After all, you might have said, 'Nit-picking is boorish and rude,' and to hell with it! And who would blame you.