Quote Originally Posted by objective
However, before we go all bonkers, do keep in mind that there are OBJECTIVELY many problems in Thai society that are really very bad things, such as the recent murders of thousands of Thai people without trials during the so called drug war.
I would condemn corrupt killings too. But such happening don't make me miserable, and you sure wont see me organizing a protest march. This may just be due to a pragmatic attitude to politics I hold. Perhaps that helps me deal with the Thai political climate better than others, who crack easily.

I doubt you will be organizing any protests. However if you lose sleep over the injustices of the world, as I said, it's down to nobody but yourself to learn to deal with it. Not everyone is as sad as yourself.

To answer your question, I welcome all information both negative and positive. However I make it my priority to look after my own wellbeing. And yes, I see that as reasonable and responsible, even if you don't. Enjoy your self martyrdom.
How would you imagine that I am a martyr?
I certainly do admire people who do lose sleep about the injustices in the world and do something aboit it, those that do organize protests or try to change things for the better, but as a foreigner in Thailand that would be an insane thing to do, so we will have to leave it to the Thai people to do such things, and frankly, not holding my breath ...
I agree with you that taking care of yourself and those around you is the most ordinary human beings can hope to do.
However, I personally think those that try to make a real difference are better than ordinary.