Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Sawatdee Network site

Liked

Re: Welcome to the new Sawatdee Network site

Typing in www.sawatdeenetwork.com still takes you to the old site. Then you have to click the link to the new site. Clicking FORUM on the new site takes you back to forum on the old site. Then you click another link to go to forum on new site. This is absurd. Assuming Mr Moses would like people to use the new site and new forum he should point www.sawatdeenetwork.com to the new site and on the new site have a button to take viewers back to the old site if they need to. Similarly on the new site, FORUM should take people to the new forum from where there could be a link back to the old. The new should be the default and this will encourage the last members to switch over. Hopefully Mr Moses can make these changes?

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (March 2nd, 2016), Moses (March 2nd, 2016)

Liked

I can do almost everything, but I can't do "almost everything" at once Please make new bookmark for new forum and new website and you will arrive here just in one click.

Why I don't make changes now? Cuz of Google: we don't need left first page of Google searching results with words "gay Thailand" and etc. That means I have to write quite complicated script which will make map-file for to show to Google where pages of old site has been moved - i.e "301 redirect map" (see this worlds in Google). But for now I'm busy with moving forum and recovering 58 members - they are waiting to be with us at new forum.

Shortly: I know about problem and it will be resolved according to priority.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 7th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks Smiles.

Liked

Members,

We have illustrated answers to some of these questions in the Feedback Forum http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forumd...To-forum-s-FAQ

Please See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...-Instruction-1 For posting instructions

See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...-Instruction-2 For toolbar instructions

and See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...g-Your-Profile For instructions on how to manage your profile.

Stay tuned for more Instruction posts to help familiarize you with the new Board controls.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The bar with log-in has been moved to the top right. May I suggest that the font size should be a bit bigger? It's quite easy to miss, the more so as even with black as the preferred colour that bar remains in pale blue.

Liked

Excellent suggestion fountainhall. I'd like to calibrate the font size package, so that some fonts are smaller and other larger. Moses has really simplified the Forum page for us, now that we've got the functions firmly imbedded. I'm going to make some adjustments to the posting settings and so here is where it really helps if you can provide suggestions. The minimum post setting can be reduced, the hope is the Like function took away the one word (or less) replies. The Edit function, how long should it be? As well and challenges or annoyances with the posting or PM posting function.

I'll be working on these areas over the coming days.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A lot of work is going on and I'm grateful to you and Moses for getting through our comments with such good grace. As for the Edit time, I'd like to suggest that it is changed to an hour (think it's less at present). Especially with longer posts ("Guilty, m'lud!") second thoughts sometimes occur to posters some time after posting.

Liked

I agree with above comment by F.
    A one hour edit time seems quite reasonable to me.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Okay, the Edit time has been set to One Hour or 60 Minutes, for both the title and the post. The "Last Edited" message will appear for anything edited after 30 Minutes. The minimum number of characters for a post is now 2. The maximum number of photos in a post is set to 5, so if you want that increased, please let me know!

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Question. I have tried to respond to a thread using the multipost function. At first nothing happened. Usually on other boards, as soon as you click the first post, that one will come up in the reply box. You then click on a second post and it comes up in the reply box - and so on for as many replies as you wish to make. Here, though, after I had clicked three or four multipost icons, it took a while but they all suddenly appeared in the Reply box! But by then I had decided to highlight different posts. So I deleted those multiposts and pressed reply on another post. Yet the 3 or 4 original multiposts automatically appear and the new reply post is nowhere to be seen.

I have tried getting off the thread, looking at other threads and then coming back to the thread to which I want to add a reply. Still I can only get the original multipost posts! I have also logged out and back in again. Yet again, when I press Reply to just one post, only the original multiposts come up!! It's quite maddening!

It does seem that the multipost function is not working properly. That being so, would it not be better to take that function off the Board until any bugs are sorted out?