Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Boy in Friendship.

Liked

The Boy in Friendship.

I need help. I've been going through a 'Thomas Mann' type experience for some time now. I'm at that vulnerable age and I don't want my death to be in Friendship.
    It's all about the Bag-Packing Boy (BPB) who works there.
    Don't ask which boy cos there's only one like him in all Thailand; slim, gorgeous and dark-haired with mesmerising eyes and a smile to melt the hardest heart.
    His allure is also his unavailability.
    He packs my bags (I always position myself in his line) without ever acknowledging my existance. I may as well be a ghost.
    Little does he know that my kitchen is full of stuff that I don't need because of him.
    I'm hoping that someone like Christianpfc will go there and get his name and be generous enough to post it here. Christianpfc is indeed very generous in this regard but there may be others.
    I've tried putting the question in Thai and English but I always freeze up at the last moment.
    If knew BPB's name I could at least utter it while he stuffs my bag with yet another bottle of body washing milk.

Liked

Re: The Boy in Friendship.

I suggest you forget this boy and look for someone who is definitely gay and more available. Shop somewhere else.

Liked

I suggest you ignore Mancs advice. Go there, smile and say hello. What's the worst that can happen?

Liked

Thanks for the two pieces of advice from Mancs & arsenal.
    I'm in a quandry.
    A quote (adjusted for gender) from Eric Gamalinda in 'My Sad Republic" may be apt right now:
    "Let him remain where he is. A constellation away"

Liked

Ah, but thaiguest, faint heart never won fair man (idiom adjusted to suit the situation).

IтАЩm with arsenal, as he suggests, next time you go there, smile and say тАЬHelloтАЭ. After all, youтАЩre simply being polite and it commits neither party to anything in particular. If that doesnтАЩt spark a conversation, then on your next visit, you can progress to, тАЬHi! How are you today?тАЭ

From little acorns and all that . . . :x
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

After he gives you the bag drop it say thanks if he helps you retrieve it the ask him his name.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Growing balls ...

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    I'm in a quandry.
    A quote (adjusted for gender) from Eric Gamalinda in 'My Sad Republic" may be apt right now:
    "Let him remain where he is. A constellation away"
    A drama queen if I ever heard of one. I suspect you're a "Cats" aficionado rather than one preparing (tearfully/heroically) to die in Venice.

OF COURSE smile at him say hello!!
    OF COURSE walk away with a smile if not acknowledged!!
    OF COURSE you won't keel over and die!!
    OF COURSE the best-thing- that-could-happen might well happen!!! TiT!!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I hope you realise, thaiguest, that by posting these tantalising snippets of information about him here you have ensured that dozens of steely-eyed, slobbery-lipped board members, many of whom may not have set foot in Friendship supermarket for years, are now preparing, if they are not already in the process, to go to said supermarket to check out the goods for themselves. If faint hopes of marital bliss still flicker in your breast, I suggest you abandon your quandry pronto and hie you back there. Stick a 1000 baht note to your forehead, smile, and if he still doesn't take the hint just tell him you think he's gorgeous. In Thailand (let alone Pattaya!) no one is going to punch your lights out for doing that.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

Slip him a 20 Baht tip and a smile and a thank you.

Liked

advice #1: "just do it" (c)

advice #2: "there are no straight guys in Thailand, but just isn't enough vodka at party sometimes" (c)

advice #3: "better to do something and to regret about it 1 hour, than not to do something and to regret about it the rest of life"
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com