List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a police sting operation going on, or???

Liked

Is there a police sting operation going on, or???

In the past while, I've had lots of 15 - 17 year olds contact me out of the blue on Grindr / Hornet / PlanetRomeo. Obviously, I've turned them all down, because I don't particularly feel like spending the next 10 years of my life in a Thai jail cell.

But I'm at a bit of a loss. what's this about? Are they just legit horny teenagers looking someone to take care of them, or are they police masquerading as teenagers, or? Either way, I refuse them, but still leaves me scratching my head a little, because the number of them has increased greatly in the past little while.

Liked

Re: Is there a police sting operation going on, or???

Thai boys are more open minded and they see it like a legitimate way to make money or find a sugar daddy but you are taking a big risk here if something goes wrong with them you may find yourself behind bars[[[]]]

Liked

I am not sure why the police or NGO's would be that fussed about boys of 15 and up meeting up in a public place. If you are unsure then don't invite them to your hotel/condo first time. The lower teen age group would be their concern I would have thought. If they were working in a bar or gogo then that would be different. My boyfriend is 21 but would pass for 16 easily. I am as hopeless and the next in guessing ages of the boys. Incidentally having just finished FaceTime him he tells me they are expecting a police raid tonight. Thats at Jomtein.

Liked

I doubt it's a sting operation. If it was, I think you would be told the boy is 18, but when he shows up it turns out he is really under age and that's when you would get a free room at Klong Prem.

At least they're telling you they're under age. I'm glad you have enough sense to know not to walk, but run from under age boys.

Any time a boy's age is questionable, make sure to look at his ID card and verify his age before letting him into your room - and make sure the card is really his. But if he's under age, once you've got him behind closed doors now you're vulnerable to anything ranging from arrest to blackmail scams. If you're staying in a hotel, have the desk clerk check his ID card too. And if the boy, for any reason, can't produce his ID card, that's when to say "Good Night and Good Luck."
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    Any time a boy's age is questionable, make sure to look at his ID card and verify his age before letting him into your room
    Yeah, I never check them for ID up here, as that would just be rude. However, I never let them know where I live either, and we always just go to a "curtain motel" close by. I learned my lessons from Kim as to what happens when you piss off the wrong Thai guy. There's one I'd like to let know where I live, but still a little on edge about it. That, and no one I go with is anywhere close to under age.

But no, it's just usually I'll have one teenager here or there contacting me, which is fine, and easy enough to let them know I'm not interested. However, all of a sudden in the past few days I have about 8 of them messaging me. That's not normal, hence why I'm wonderng WTF is going on.

Also, off-topic, but how the fuck do you guys deal with these idiots in Pattaya? I got bored this afternoon, and messaged a few of them on PlanetRomeo. They don't exactly hide the fact their money boys, do they? Almost instantly, requests for money come. Here, it's much more civil, although takes a bit of work. Most are looking for an actual BF, but there are people around willing to just have some fun in exchange for some money. Just takes a little effort to find them, but far better than all the sob stories I got today from greedy idiots looking for money.

Liked

On the odd occasion that I've read about some guy getting prosecuted for under-age activity it's invariably because he's been either a) Chasing boys or girls who are under 15 or b) Actively chasing them on the internet

Anyone who knows Thai law (and the way it's applied..) knows that playing with under 18s is a blackmailer's dream come true, but I can't recall (recently, at least..) a court case in Thailand where someone got done for taking a 17yo back to his room - but maybe that just doesn't make the press..

Liked

Yeah, technically, the age of consent here is 15. However, 15 - 18 is a bit of a grey area. If you have someone between 15 - 18, you can't provide any monetary gifts whatosever, otherwise it's illegal and could possibly land you in a world of hurt.

Nonetheless, I don't really give a shit. I'm perfectly happy with gorgeous 23 year olds willing to take their pants off for me for $50. That suits me just fine.

For example, had a 16 year old guy today saying, "ohh, don't worry, my sister got married when she was 15, so it's fine", haha. Then Kim's little sister got married and had a kid when she was 16, so...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

gaybutton....it could very well be a police sting operation and yes they will say that they are under 18 and if u do still express interest in meeting then it confirms u r a pedo. Simple. Do u get it??
    But this is besides the point, children should be left alone, sexual acts should only be between consenting adults. I realise that in places like Pattaya they grow up fast being exposed to the wicked ways of the world from an early age....but they are still children. Even in countries where the age of consent is 16 I still dont think its correct.

Liked

wicked ways of the world
    The one that always bugs me are the people who would rather people starved or died of curable diseases than have the occasional shag for cash..

Liked

I think you will find that your UA friend is more likely a 60 year old farang getting his kicks from pretending to be a teenager...
    We have at least one of them on this board!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!