Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangkokbois

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Bangkokbois

Smiles you've racked my memory(increasingly hard to)with the mention of Gaythailand I recall a Sunny afternoon poolside at Monty's I was with the large man soon to be "the boss at GT" and my good friend L.M.T.U. and the soon to be boss's self appointed Mahut (Edited). As the afternoon progressed the almost (boss of GT) asked L.M.T.U.(JB) to join him at his Penthouse at Mosaik with no regard for his Mahut who was noticeably distraut as he turned to me and said "I hate that guy" as GT&JB took off to discucuss the future; yes I remember it well.

https://youtu.be/GQxM5rJ-uiY

[youtube:2ob273ef]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxM5rJ-uiY[/youtube:2ob273ef]
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Great to see Rush's blog back online, thank you Moses and Surfcrest.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Hmmm. Seems I am the only one that thought that Rush (RIP) was full of himself and wrote like a mummies boy who rarely actually visited Thailand - but instead decided to attempt to satirise those that did!
    You might well be the only one, indeed.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Lego,

Exactly my sentiment.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    'Rush...' not visiting Thailand? Not so sure about that. His sly wit far out shone Beachlover by a country mile, and talking about being full of one's self ... Beachlover was the absolute epitome of the ego-driven message board posting machine. If in fact Beachlover actually has a blog it would be quite appropriate: a hefty 87% of internet blog owners suffer from Deadly Vanity Syndrome.
    I'll admit I was not always a fan of bangkokbois but I certainly agree that Rush had the marvellous ability of a true writer to draw the reader into his subject. It would be impossible IMHO for someone who had not in fact visited Thailand many times to write in as much detail as he did, both about the gay scene as well as about temples or the Chiang Mai Cultural Centre, for example. There are several western gay sites which have included clearly fake and generally pathetic articles on Thailand. The difference is massive.

A blog by the highly elusive beachlover would not merely be a deathly vanity exercise. it would be a fantasy, like most of his posts. Whoever he was or is was paranoid about his anonymity. Despite endless invitations to meet the previous owner of gaythailand - one of his staunchest supporters as I recall, even after he was banned from that site - none took place. And let's recall in the photos he rarely posted he even blacked out several items - including once a laptop of all things from a photo of the room he was staying at in Phnom Penh so there would be no possibility of recognising him. He may indeed have been in Phnom Penh, but the overall persona was so clearly fake and there were too many factual errors for 'it' to be anything more than figments of an overactive imagination.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    ' ... I recall a Sunny afternoon poolside at Monty's I was with the large man soon to be "the boss at GT" and my good friend L.M.T.U. and the soon to be boss's self appointed Mahut (Edited) ... '
    What is this; Edited

Please Mr new moderator/semi-admin/part-er of waves, don't go down the road of gratuitous editing. Not sure if there was a last name which has been edited [Mahut Who], which definitely would be a rule breaker, but the whole post seems to say 'no', there's no last name there.

For the good of the Board, please explain the reason for editing and/or censoring within posts. It stipulates in the Board Rules that such explanations should happen.
    GUIDELINE 2; A Moderating action or decision will be clearly explained in red within the post or thread concerned. A reference to the rule that has been breached will be included ... '

During the god-awful Interregnum of the now-departed Neal such editing and censoring happened all the time, willy-nilly ... causing a disastrous exit of many members. Many have not returned.
    The board under Surfcrest has been a breath of fresh air compared to that short-lived horror.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Thanks Surfcrest and Moses for restoring the blog and posting a goodbye to let everyone know what happened.

(Other great blogs about gay Thailand that are gone are gayboythailand and shamelessmack, authors were alive at time of blog going offline.)

Liked

I had some communication with him 3 years ago , he always had some interesting views , sorry to read the news.

Liked

I first read his blog before my virgin trip to Thailand, and it was really helpful. I followed his posts ever since. It's sad to hear about his passing, and to not be able to read informative posts with a touch of humor in the way he would usually craft them.

Has anyone met Noom recently? Hoping that he's doing OK.