List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What rules do you implement for a Thai BF?

Liked

Re: What rules do you implement for a Thai BF?

Yeah, but "true love" many times leads to:

And:

And:

And if you happen to be the bread winner, this too usually:

Not to mention, from my experiences at least, it takes at least 6 months to fully get out of a failed relationship once your lives are that intertwined, and it's usually quite messy and not overly pleasant.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    I'm not quite sure that the use of the word "falang" means anything other than foreigner or (non Thai) however Thai people that know me call me by my name first or last name seems what they do, it is fine with me, every Thai I know has nickname just look at their drivers license no way I can pronounce it.......It seems I know many A, O, Beer,Aek etc. I get a kick out of Thai guys that use names like Johnny, Tom or Mike does any Thai actually call eachother by their real name?
    As for rules I only had one and it was incomprehensible to a Thai guy (I need my own space and sometimes I need to be alone) concepts totally alien to them.
    My favourite two nicknames over the years are related: 'Dollar' and 'Money' ... both host-bar boys, and both now long disappeared. They never really understood that such handles might well give thought to farang customers that they were being just a tad mercenary.

Good point about needing one's space. Even after all these years together Pot doesn't really get my enjoyment of fleeing to a solitary beach umbrella with a good book about twice a week. The thought of him going down there alone would be beyond the pale.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

In a relationship between mature adults, I don't think you need rules. Ok, now I see my mistake, "mature adults" does not apply here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Currently my major problem is communication. When I call or Line a boyfriend candidate, I expect an immediate reply. I can understand the occasional delayed reply, but if that is the rule he is out.
    Why? I can understand if you're actually in a relationship, living together, and your daily lives depend on each other -- "can you pick up some chicken from the market on your way home" type of thing. But if you're still getting to know each other, why would you feel they're obligated to reply instantly every time you message them?
    It's called mobile phone because you have it with you all the time. But I have a German friend who is similar: phone in back pack or not switched on or whatever, I have to adjust that I can't expect him to pick up when I call him. The point is I only call when it's important, I don't do small talk. In case of Thai boys I message them to set up a meeting, no small talk (unless to check how long they need to reply, so I know for every boy what delays to expect). Maybe I have to adjust to Thai boys as well.

Liked

And here are the rules the Thai bf has for the farang.

1) Have plenty of money.
    2) Give plenty of money time.

Eh, that's it.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Matt I think you already know the answer to you're delema!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Would that be the " answer to your dilemna ? "

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lukylok
    Would that be the " answer to your dilemna ? "
    If I had the same dilemma it would be the same answer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    [i]1.)
    Nothing for free and no allowance. How do you (cdnmatt) get such ideas? I would make up an elaborate scheme to share costs according to our income/wealth.

This is why you will never have a Thai boyfriend.
    For clarification of my above comment, I believe in almost all cases of farang/Thai boyfriend relationships it is most likely that the farang will have to support his Thai partner is some way or the other. This would be especially true if there is a significant age difference.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    For clarification of my above comment, I believe in almost all cases of farang/Thai boyfriend relationships it is most likely that the farang will have to support his Thai partner is some way or the other. This would be especially true if there is a significant age difference.
    Christian is at that age where the age difference would be relatively small, so perhaps there is a chance of a relationship without financial support.

As for the rules, well I would have a no dogs in the house rule & a no-smoking rule. Banning his friends seems a little unreasonable, although I suppose they would need to be banned from stopping overnight unless both you and the BF agree.

Liked

This whole topic has turned into a circle jerk, in the end our Canadian member in Essan will do what suits him. 8-|
    Attached Images Attached Images