Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Grrrrrr

Liked

Grrrrrr

My favourite coffee shop at the top of Viewpoint Mountain, Pratamnak is closed until 16 Feb. I suspect that this is because they simply can't deal with the tsunami of Chinese tourists who swamp the place, spit everywhere, make too much noise ,drive other customers away and often don't buy anything.

Liked

Re: Grrrrrr

I think they become virtual prisoners of their tour company.
    They can't be getting much of an experience being led around to shopping malls and places that are free for all to visit such as Walking Street, Boyztown, Beach Rd etc.
    I'd love to know what the guides say about Boyztown though.
    Whatever it is it promotes a great urge to take photos of us (the gay geeks?) in the open bars and on the terraces.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NO-its quite the reverse-the owners, of coruse also Chinese themselves, are on holiday to the beloved country of their forebearers who started the whole bisnis up and are now among the spitting/pushing trying to get on trains etc mainland crowds.
    In this area its also amazing how many bisnis simply close for 3/4/5/ days in the height of the main peak season. They can afford it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    They can't be getting much of an experience being led around to shopping malls and places that are free for all to visit such as Walking Street, Boyztown, Beach Rd etc.
    Whatever it is it promotes a great urge to take photos of us (the gay geeks?) in the open bars and on the terraces.
    That why I never sitting in Boystown: I don't like to feel myself like a bear in circus for curious tourists.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    That why I never sitting in Boystown: I don't like to feel myself like a bear in circus for curious tourists.
    A smart gay visitor gave me the perfect solution-the minute the snake of chinese appears near your bar take out your phone as if you're recording THEM. The effect is immediate and comic; they all march past on the double because they fear being posted on line visiting a gay area.
    There was a famous case last year when a company official was sacked on his return to China because a photo of him posing with an Tiffany ladyboy dancer was posted on someone's facebook.

Liked

Remember the days when the Japanese annoyed you with their cameras, the Americans with theirloudness , the Germans with their getting everywhere before you and the British with their loutish drunken behaviour. Well guess what, the Chinese have all of those.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I dont mean to dump on the Chinese but look at this video!
    https://youtu.be/tUx45I04e7M
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"