Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sawatdee Network Update

Liked

Sawatdee Network Update

Members,

Could you please take the time to review your email address set to your membership here. I will be doing some bigger updates in the future that may require you to re-register to your existing membership to the updated site. It may also be necessary to shut the site down for up to 48 hours again (As we did in 2013) while I make some changes. I hope to be able to move the Board to a new platform finally and I'm anticipating some initial issues with some memberships. If you have any sentimental attachment with any of your PM's, I'm not sure at this point if they will transfer over. I still have quite a bit of tinkering to do before this happens, but I want you to be prepared to minimize post update issues.

Thank you,

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Network Update

Members,

Just another reminder, to ensure you have a valid email address registered with us. Go to your User Control Panel, choose the Edit Account Settings tab on the left side and review the email address you have on file with us. If you need to change it, please do so soon. I'm currently in the process of familiarizing myself with the new site and the new controls.

When we migrate to the new Board and software, your email address will come over but your password will not. You will need to re-set your password at the new site to get in and this re-set information will be sent to whatever valid email address you have on file here.

You will also need to re-load your avatar. I would really hope that if you don't have an avatar, you consider getting one for the new site. Please don't select one that has already been used by someone else. Don't worry about someone else stealing your user name at the new site, only you should be able to log in to you...with a valid email address.

If you are kommentariat, as I said...deleting you was an accident...please re-register and I will re-attach you to yourself. (Said Dr. Frankenstein)

Surfcrest

Liked

Members,

I've had more inquiries about some members struggle to view the site, usually from a mobile device. If you log in and change your settings or browse using Chrome you should be able to see the site okay. I won't be fixing any issues with this current platform as I hope to move us over to the new platform very soon.

The new site will be fully viewable and looks much, much better than this bag of bolts we've been limping along on

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Last Call for Updating

Members,

It time for a final "last call" for you to update your email address so that you can access your same profile over at the new site once we move.

Go to the User Control Panel, Select the Profile tab and then choose Edit Account Settings

Once we shut down this site, you won't have the opportunity to do this again.

Thank you

Surfcrest

This thread is now unlocked for comments and concerns.

Liked

Members,

We will be making the transition to the new site very shortly.
    If we go offline, you can continue to receive updates on our Twitter page until we are back.
    YOU probably will be directed to generate a new password at the new site once you arrive.
    You can change that password to something you can remember once you are in and adjust your email address.

If you have any issue you`d like to raise before we get there surfcrest@hotmail.com

See you there!

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I know the two of you are Hell Bent on the board's reincarnation but I can't help think of the old adage " if it ain't broken don't fix it" obviously my commentt is too late, as if you would give a shlt one way or another.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

it isn't broken, but is under huge security risk - software bridge which is btw wordpress (main news) and forum (phpBB) is very outdated and developer not supporting it many years already, at any time board (and news site) can be hacked quite easy... so it isn't question of old design, but question of security
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I see, I'll just remember the way it was! https://youtu.be/72bPUXefB8c

[youtube:53ok6vmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bPUXefB8c[/youtube:53ok6vmo]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    I know the two of you are Hell Bent on the board's reincarnation but I can't help think of the old adage " if it ain't broken don't fix it" obviously my commentt is too late, as if you would give a shlt one way or another.
    You are the same fellow who's been sending me many messages about the simple things you are struggling with MFAS? It is broke, that's why I haven't been able to fix the issues you've raised without doing this. I think you'll be very happy...or errrr happier.

Surfcrest

Liked

Surfcast.....https://youtu.be/anNEJJYLU8M

[youtube:1t684yec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNEJJYLU8M[/youtube:1t684yec]