Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else feeling the freeze?

Liked

Re: Anyone else feeling the freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Personally though, I prefer the standard "winter" days, which should be back around Friday I guess. Low - mid 30s during the day, low 20s at night. Perfect weather.

Hope you are referring to C and not F !!

Liked

22 C in my room now, and 19 C outside (according to weather report). I'm wearing socks now and will dress in long, even in my room (usually walk around in shorts only).

The weather is great for sightseeing, except for the rain on Sunday. No sweating and not too much sunshine (sunburn, shadows on pictures). However locals dress long, no ogling at legs in shorts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    Those westerners currently in Thailand, cdnmatt/francois/jellbean and others....do you prefer the cooler weather?
    In reply to your question newalaan2, I would say that when I arrived in Bangkok last November, it took me the usual one week to recover from my jet-lag. But, in addition to the jet-lag, I also had a problem with, what I considered, was the excessive heat. For at least the first 3 weeks, it totally floored me. I felt exhausted most of the time and rarely had the energy to do very much. Happily, it got cooler and I was able to function normally without thinking too much about the weather.

Yesterday, I had an appointment at 17:00 at the Bangkok Christian Hospital on Silom Road. Normally during the day, and most nights, I wear below the knee shorts. But yesterday I decided to wear jeans and an Adidas top over my polo shirt and I was jolly glad that I did. Once inside the hospital I removed the top, as I was too hot. I kept it off until I left the hospital an hour later, 1,320 baht the lighter, but it was distinctly cold, so I put my top back on. I donтАЩt recall ever needing to use a jumper/ top in Bangkok before.

Up until 2 days ago, the weather was just fine for me, in the Goldilocks zone if you like, not too hot and not too cold. However, the last couple of days have been quite cold. For the second night in a row, I didnтАЩt need to use air-con or fans . . . so a positive effect on the size of my electricity bill! Lol!

Today in Bangkok, as I type this, the sun is shining and there is a lovely breeze blowing through my 21st floor apartment. What bliss, youтАЩd love it Dalewood! IтАЩm sure it would get rid of those homicidal thoughts youтАЩve been having recently. Lol! Poor cdnmatt, if itтАЩs not stalkers and looney-tune boyfriends heтАЩs having to deal with, now itтАЩs members intent on strangling him (only joking Dalewood!).

So, in summary, I think IтАЩm with cdnmatt on my temperature preferences, low 30s Celsius during the day and low 20s Celsius at night тАУ perfect!
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked: 1

What's happening in the gogo bars?
    Are they still doing the shows; are the boys still on stage wearing only their knickers?

Liked

The customers are acting as bun/bum warmers as a corporal work of mercy.

Liked

Yes they are still in their pants, freezing their balls off.

Liked

Yes corky still in their shreddies but freezing their balls off as the boss in Toy Boys insists in keeping the aircon on. Must be something Thai!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Flew BKK/dmk->NAN monday, pretty cold in BKK, much more cold in Nan. And then in the eve-just after having finished an unremarkable dinner, rain started and lasted and stayed on all night, all tuesday, a few minor dry spots in the eve and again freezing cold rain night tue-wed. Took the bus to Cmai wedn, and it was in the AC bus hotter inside as out-with the AC off. ChMai: boys in 2brothers were clad like eskimo's in long furcoats, hats/caps etc. This own, overwhelmed by mainland Chinese now, is just now getting a minor ray of sunshine when i look outside. Hooray.

Liked

Yeah, finally starting to warm up again. Phew! 2:15pm and +27C again, which is perfect weather. I'm sure the Thais would like it a little warmer, but for a canuck like me, it's perfect -- not too hot, not too cold.

Sorry for you guys in the West buried under snow, waking up every morning and having to scrape ice off your windshields.

Liked

Very cold here in Pattaya. No aircon at night , still freezing.

I wear my long, sexy jeans and a sweater at night , but its getting better tomorrow I think .