Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuala Lumpur report

Liked

Re: Kuala Lumpur report

I guess my main concern here is that despite Bukit Bintang and the Pavilion Shopping mall being specifically named as potential targets, there is no visible security to reassure people that the authorities are doing anything to protect them.

Are the armed police/security guards actually here but maybe just hiding somewhere? It's no good hiding inside; terrorists have to be prevented from entering the shopping mall in the first place. Their targets - large groups of people - are found inside, not outside. With no security at the entrance a suicide bomber could just walk straight in.

And where are the metal detectors? Why isn't anyone checking bags?

I was slightly reassured when I read about the arrest on the monorail. But then, how did he get into the station and onto the train? He could have detonated the device on the train.

Liked

It may be an illusion but after many visits to KL I feel that Malaysians seem to have a very relaxed or even slack attitude. Maybe it's the hot weather that slows down the reaction time. In today's KL Star newspaper there is an article stating that there is nothing to worry about in regards to a possible terrorist attack and to go about your normal life.

Liked

I see it slightly differently - theres PLENTY to worry about, but why bother?

The way things are in the world right now, you're as (or even more) likely to be blown up in London/Paris/Berlin, as you are in KL/BKK/HCMC

And nothing's going to change for the better in most of our lifetimes.

Eat, drink, shag, and be merry I say!

:ymparty:

Liked

Yes, I tend to agree, which is why I'm still out and about and still wandering around the Pavilion Mall. But I feel uncomfortable as it is, according to the police, a prime target.

But at the end of the day, I didn't come here to live in fear.

Today there are a lot more security guards outside many of the shops but again, they were unarmed. And I saw 1 female member of the SWAT team at the entrance but her gun was bigger than she was!

I only have to survive tonight because I'm going home tomorrow....Lol

But I probably won't come back again. The sauna is too risky. Gayromeo is useless and there aren't any guys hanging around on the streets.

I've shopped till I've dropped every day but the prices here are higher than in Australia. Even the shop assistant at a well-known store told me to save my money and shop at home!

I must say, Manchester is looking very inviting. If only it weren't so far away!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I must say, Manchester is looking very inviting. If only it weren't so far away!
    Too wet & cold.
    Spend your money going to places with a nice climate.
    Then if you must do Manchester, try it in July when the average temperature is about 18┬░C (that passes for summer).

Liked

Besides gay apps I found this board: https://malaysia.craigslist.org/search/m4m
    (Although, it's about 10 same guys)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So you did not try the Maluri m2m massageshops in KUL? or did they also vanish (some listings still mention them). Much more secretive and closed-off, anonymous as in BKK here or PnPn though. The one I visited had the boys separated into VNese/Chinese (mainland-was warned against),Thai and Indon.

Liked

I did some research on the net for massage places but I don't recall seeing Maluri.

I did go looking for one place - something -or-other Spa- in Bukit Bintang but couldn't find it, even though it appeared to be just around the corner from my hotel. Later I read that it had closed down!