Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance Work

Liked

Maintenance Work

Members,

I'll be doing some work on the software over the coming weeks to try and resolve some of our long standing issues. I don't anticipate any outages or interruptions through the process, but you may notice some temporary differences to the way the pages load while I am working on different areas of concern.

You may also have noticed I moved the Sunday Funnies back into the Shop, as well the Thailand Resources Forum that I wish to enhance with better information and specific Trip Reports.

I am aware of most things that need to get fixed, but if you notice one that you think I've missed...please let me know!

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Maintenance Work

Please just make sure that the site doesn't appear blacked - out and virtually unreadable.

Liked

When I update the Board's phpBB software, that should resolve that problem as your phone platform probably didn't exist when the software was updated last.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

@A447 - you know the simple "fix" for that is just to log in again as yourself on your phone don't you and then it will revert to the usual white screen etc. If you use an iPhone your phone should automatically remember and fill your password etc into the log in boxes so it's just a matter of clicking "log in" again which them "reminds" the site of your personal log in preferences.

It is a pain in the Arse for sure but once I realised the above it became "slightly" less so, but as SC says perhaps the update will rectify that, but if not that's all you need to do as a personal quick fix each time if it persists.

Hope that helps.

Liked

I get the proper screen only if I log in. But sometimes I just want to have a quick look at the board without logging in. So I can live with the problem but I'd rather do without it.

I thought it was just a problem with my iPad which has been playing up a bit. When I was at Suvarnaphumi airport I tried to log into their free WiFi, but when I clicked on the username, the keyboard refused to pop up, yet I could type in my password. Same problem with my AIS simcard - I couldn't type in the username. Now I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time before I won't be able to log in here.

Time for a new iPad, perhaps.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think based on your trip reports alone there definitely a case for us all chipping in to buy you a new one - mind you if you can afford $600 a fuck then you can afford to buy it yourself I guess so we'll maybe not bother !

Liked

Members,

While I am working on our ACP, the New Membership Registrations will be temporarily suspended for the rest of today (January 29 or January 30 in Asia).

Thanks,

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Members,
    ...While I am working on our ACP, the New Membership Registrations will be temporarily suspended for the rest of today (January 29 or January 30 in Asia).

Thanks,

Surfcrest
    wow that's one hellofa time zone difference from here.no wonder I am always so jet-lagged.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Time for a new iPad, perhaps.
    Better yet, get yourself computer/tablet/phone that conforms to accepted international standards.
    Avoid proprietary standards, they will always cause grief trying to interface with the rest-of-the-world.
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Liked

I was under the impression that an iPad conformed to all international standards. The black log-in page issue only started large last year, so it must be a problem with the board.

For me, a tablet is absolutely necessary ; I can't imagine travelling without one. I just wish I had bought an android one, not Apple.