Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Chiang Mai report

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Chiang Mai report

Go to agoda or booking.com check out "The Small Hotel" located near the Nite Bazar......
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Has anyone stayed at the Lotus Hotel across from Adams Apple recently? Also does anyone have a good Tuk tuk driver to recommend? I use to use Joe but he appears to have abandoned his tuktuk driving business last year or maybe was taking a break.

Liked

I stay at the Lotus whenever I'm in town, as I go to CM to have fun with the guys at Adams Apple.

I've written about the hotel in my reports.

Last time I mentioned a really handsome guy working at reception. I wonder if he's still there?

Getting in and out of town from up there was a real pain, but if you have Uber or Grab you shouldn't have a problem.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (May 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I stay at the Lotus whenever I'm in town, as I go to CM to have fun with the guys at Adams Apple.

I've written about the hotel in my reports.

Last time I mentioned a really handsome guy working at reception. I wonder if he's still there?

Getting in and out of town from up there was a real pain, but if you have Uber or Grab you shouldn't have a problem.

Sadly, UBER is history. Liked it a lot more than GRAB. But GRAB still better than the old Taxi Mafia, of course

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by destiny View Post
    Any recent budget-friendly hotel recommendations for CM ?
    I prefer to stay at large regular hotels, not gay-owned, as I am rather not a "guesthouse type".
    I like the Huay Kaew area, away from the red Chinese invasion, as it is easy to get to the Chang Phueak Bars, and Nimmanhaemin and CMU is not far (which helps when using GPS based apps).
    As Grab has changed the transport situation to the better, it is not even necessary nowadays to stay at the Sawngthaew thoroughfares .
    Had stayed at Royal Pannerai or Royal Lanna in the past, now considering one of the B2 Properties (as the desinterested staff couldn't care less who goes in and out there) - B2 Green for example, or Sakulchai place. There is another large budget hotel on the 4th floor of Kad Suan Kaew, called BAAN DIN KI. I am sure this is quite anonymous too and the location great. Any input ?
    You might try "The Pub" http://www.thepubchiangmai.com/ great location on Huay Kaew opposite Maya, easy to get to anywhere. Neither Guest House or Hotel, they have individual bungalows in the grounds so no problem with whom you bring home. Bar also has good breakfast and Pub food. Very gay friendly too, popular gay ex-pat hangout. Easy walking to the new one Nimman think park and the rest of Nimman.

If you must have a hotel, try U Nimman, the re-vamped old Amari Rincome, there is also the Eastin, but due to a "political situation" last I heard they were only doing monthly rates.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]