Uber, fortunately, is readily available (the X-rated version) on arrival, so it wasnтАЩt very long after touchdown that I was speeding away from Swampy to my hotel (the Sofitel, near iSuck BTS). Unfortunately тАУ indeed sadly тАУ Uber offer only payment by credit card, and there are no Bitcoin-denominated credit cards that Uber will accept. Two so-called disruptive e-businesses (Amazon, Uber) no Bitcoin

As we drove towards the Big Mango I decided to ask my driver about his acceptance of Bitcoin. тАЬOh,тАЭ he replied, тАЬyou want lady?тАЭ тАЬNo, no,тАЭ I replied, тАЬBitcoin. Bit Coin.тАЭ тАЬAh, you want boy?!тАЭ тАЬNo, no,тАЭ I said firmly, тАЬBitcoin. Bit Coin.тАЭ тАЬYesтАЭ, he said, leering at me, тАЬYou want lady boy!тАЭ

At last I convinced him that I was not seeking companionship (or at least not through his efforts), before he dropped me at my hotel

тАЬCan I settle the account in Bitcoin?тАЭ I asked the sleepy receptionist. She looked at me as if IтАЩd made an indecent proposal. Ah well. She too had not heard that Bitcoin is accepted everywhere, every time. I must get Bruce to put in a quiet word. They need to convert to The True Faith That Is Bitcoin