Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bangkok Bitcoin Bonanza

My Bangkok Bitcoin Bonanza

Uber, fortunately, is readily available (the X-rated version) on arrival, so it wasnтАЩt very long after touchdown that I was speeding away from Swampy to my hotel (the Sofitel, near iSuck BTS). Unfortunately тАУ indeed sadly тАУ Uber offer only payment by credit card, and there are no Bitcoin-denominated credit cards that Uber will accept. Two so-called disruptive e-businesses (Amazon, Uber) no Bitcoin

As we drove towards the Big Mango I decided to ask my driver about his acceptance of Bitcoin. тАЬOh,тАЭ he replied, тАЬyou want lady?тАЭ тАЬNo, no,тАЭ I replied, тАЬBitcoin. Bit Coin.тАЭ тАЬAh, you want boy?!тАЭ тАЬNo, no,тАЭ I said firmly, тАЬBitcoin. Bit Coin.тАЭ тАЬYesтАЭ, he said, leering at me, тАЬYou want lady boy!тАЭ

At last I convinced him that I was not seeking companionship (or at least not through his efforts), before he dropped me at my hotel

тАЬCan I settle the account in Bitcoin?тАЭ I asked the sleepy receptionist. She looked at me as if IтАЩd made an indecent proposal. Ah well. She too had not heard that Bitcoin is accepted everywhere, every time. I must get Bruce to put in a quiet word. They need to convert to The True Faith That Is Bitcoin

Liked

Re: My Bangkok Bitcoin Bonanza

Unbelievable to imagine that a Bangkok taxi driver was not up to speed on an electronic virtual currency. Whatever next? A rickshaw driver refusing to accept your air miles perhaps.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

From the article you linked to....

Curiously, bitcoin adversaries do not seem any more logical.
    I think iPhone users are more evangelical, for sure.

Anyway, next time check http://coinmap.org first. Not every business accepts bitcoin yet. Not every business has its own website yet. Not every business accepts Visa either.

However, you might be surprised at the growing number of gay businesses in Bangkok that already accept bitcoin. But give it a little time. The internet didn't become ubiquitous overnight. In fact, it's still not.... not completely.

Uber already announced that they are working on bitcoin integration. Everyone agrees that it can't happen fast enough. Bitcoin is already accepted at Starbucks, Target, and hundreds of other major retail operations in the US.... via the Airbitz wallet. By the way, you get a 20% *discount* when you use bitcoin at Starbucks in the US and Europe. But you only get a 10% discount when you use bitcoin at Target.

[attachment=2:1e9ff0fq]Screenshot_2015-12-25-15-01-50.png[/attachment:1e9ff0fq]

[attachment=1:1e9ff0fq]Screenshot_2015-12-25-15-02-01.png[/attachment:1e9ff0fq]

[attachment=0:1e9ff0fq]Screenshot_2015-12-25-15-02-15.png[/attachment:1e9ff0fq]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Bitcoin is already accepted at Starbucks, Target, and hundreds of other major retail operations in the US....
    No. You first have to buy gift cards from a third party supplier using titcoin and then use those giftcards instore. *sigh*

https://airbitz.co/go/how-to-hack-starb ... to-20-off/

#titcoin

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No. It's not a gift card. It's an *integrated* *virtual* gift card.

In other words, you touch a button on your Airbitz wallet, at the Starbucks or Target cashier.... and a big "bar code" appears. The cashier scans it.

That's it. Done.

And you just used bitcoin to pay for your purchase at any Starbucks or Target.... and saved up to 20% in the process.

But you still have the option of using cash or credit card..... and paying 20% more. As they say, up to you.

Liked

Ah, so Starbucks, Target and hundreds of other major retail operations in the US... don't in fact accept titcoin, do they? :^O

You've simply found a dodgy hack through a third-party "virtual" gift card provider.

#titcoin #twaddle

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Ah well. She too had not heard that Bitcoin is accepted everywhere, every time. I must get Bruce to put in a quiet word. They need to convert to The True Faith That Is Bitcoin
    I have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I love bitcoin and everything, the concept is excellent, it's proven itself over time as an excellent vehicle for the transfer of wealth especially across borders, and it's provided me a very comfortable life over the past 2.5 years. However, I'm not some fanatic either, and there's unfortunately quite a few of them out there. They give bitcoin a bad name.

It's almost worst than Scientology, because these guys spread themselves across every forum on the internet.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They're all very much involved in the process. It's a partnership among all of the parties to make the transition very smooth. And giving users a 20% discount for using bitcoin is one of the goals.

Of course, most of the millions of businesses that accept bitcoin, accept them directly.

See http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/who-accept ... coins.html for a partial list of major businesses who accept bitcoin.

For example, when I'm in the car riding from Bangkok to Hua Hin, I'll often open my phone and book a hotel on the way.... in less than 5 minutes.... using bitcoin.... and entering no personal information other than my name. See the attached screenshots.

For some reason the images won't load here, so take a look at these screenshots here: http://bw.gl/11v

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    ' ... They give bitcoin a bad name. It's almost worst than Scientology, because these guys spread themselves across every forum on the internet ...'
    One only has to watch Brucie's YouTube bitcoin flogging episodes and you will see - perhaps - what I see; an unsophisticated and breathless used car salesman of the most, and worst, cliched type. And an obvious one at that.
    So cdnmatt is quite correct, the/my take regarding Brucie is not about bitcoin, it's about him. And 'him' ain't a pretty sight.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Of course, most of the millions of businesses that accept bitcoin, accept them directly. :^O
    No. They don't.

http://time.com/money/3658361/dell-micr ... a-bitcoin/

#titcoin #twaddle