Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myanmar Lads Found Guilty and Sentenced To Death

Liked

Myanmar Lads Found Guilty and Sentenced To Death

[img]This is a travesty of justice and a huge black mark on Thailand's reputation.
    I don't know if the boys are innocent or guilty but I do know that the bungling of the case by the police and the prosecution does not support a guilty beyond reasonable doubt verdict.
    The case should be declared "No verdict and the lads should be released, deported and blacklisted.
    For me this is the final nail in the coffin. Since 1989 I have been holidaying and/or living in Thailand. Not anymore.
    I have already booked my next adventure to Equador in March.

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Myanmar Lads Found Guilty and Sentenced To Death

They don't have injustices in Equador?
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

According to a relative of one of the victims who followed the trial closely and who was :

' standing outside court shortly after the verdict Mr Miller's brother Michael said justice had "been delivered", and described the evidence against Lin and Phyo as "absolutely overwhelming".'

-So whilst you OP do not know if they are guilty or not, Thailand like other countries have Judges and Juries to make these decision.

Liked

Thailand has no juries; you are not judged by your equals, there was a panel of three judges. The judges accepted the supposed DNA evidence and did not believe the credible evidence of a forced confession. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35170419

Liked

One cannot put forward the opinion of an (understandably) grief stricken relative as evidence of guilt or otherwise. The whole case is murky.

Liked

Worse then murky. You can sympathise with the bereaved families without condoning the behaviour of one of them-a young guy- outside the court-room. His confident assertion that the evidence was overwhelming was, to me, unwise. I'd be amazed if he was able to follow the case, or understand the defence unless- amazingly- he is fluent in Thai.
    By the way, a report in today's Guardian suggests that our beloved government- I should say after Cameron's sickening Christmas message- our "Christian" government, co-operated with Thailand's famously prejudiced prosecution services to ensure a conviction. This is in defiance of their own policies regarding states that employ capital punishment.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This just turned..... from a double tragedy..... into a quadruple tragedy.

From a double murder of innocents..... into a quadruple murder of innocents.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    This just turned..... from a double tragedy..... into a quadruple tragedy.

From a double murder of innocents..... into a quadruple murder of innocents.

-What a load of crap spoken here. These "lads" are really murderers and anyone who has strong feelings otherwise and believes they are wrongly convicted should therefore be true to their beliefs and either boycott coming to Thailand or just leave immediately.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    -What a load of crap spoken here. These "lads" are really murderers and anyone who has strong feelings otherwise and believes they are wrongly convicted should therefore be true to their beliefs and either boycott coming to Thailand or just leave immediately.
    If you are suggesting that people should never travel to a country in whose legal system one does not have complete faith........that does rather limit holiday destinations. I'd prefer to keep my opinions, and my holiday destinations.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Exactly. Can anyone name one single country whose legal system they have complete and absolute faith in. I doubt it. I sure can't.

And what does that issue have to do with holiday travel destinations. It's a huge stretch to tie those two things together. It's not like they're rounding up tourists at random..... ( yet ). ( if you don't count the tourist password raids )