Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing: A New Virtual Hangout

Liked

Re: Announcing: A New Virtual Hangout

Then, good luck. Not willing to do the search, then hardly surprising that you should be disappointed.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

When Bruce explained his new site, he did describe it as being another forum...but more as "his own blog" and "similar to what Rush did". I was a bit surprised to see it as an "out of the box" message board platform, similar to some of the many other "one hit wonders" we saw with "cruisinggaythailand.com" and that site the Lonely Wombat owned briefly.

I wish Bruce all the luck, but maybe he wasn't aware several others have tried this unsuccessfully because they lacked the one key ingredient we have here...that being participation.

The new owner of Sawatdee has be to inclusive. Whether you like cdnmatt, tobi, kommie or Smiles...putting them on ignore early in the game shows that within a small amount of time many others would be on ignore...taking us back to where we were with out last owner and the many members we had to track down, reactivate or undelete.

When the right perspective new owner comes along, we'll look at transferring everything over. If that doesn't happen, I have no problem keeping Sawatdee on the same course as it's been on for the last 2.5 years.

Surfcrest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Inclusive. Yes, absolutely. But a free-for-all of spewing attacks. No thanks.

In fact, it's *not* inclusive at all if half of the posts are made by the same 3 or 4 people and they are all vicious attacks that add no value to the conversations at all. Because when 99% of readers are scared to ever speak up and say anything for fear of the wrath of the grumpy old viscous queens.... the best, quality, participants are lost.

Here's an example of a message I recently received....

So far these people have not yet been assholes to me - but I don't post much because I don't want to run the risk of an altercation. I'ts so sad because these assholes stunt the potential of the blog - but many other non posters have fear and don't post - consequently we have a dull forum.
    It's like in real life, there are the few who manage to bully and muzzle the others.
    I find GayThailand much more friendly than Sawatdee
    This is the result. And it's not inclusive.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    In fact, it's *not* inclusive at all if half of the posts are made by the same...
    .... self-promoting snake-oil salesman pontificating about titcoin. :-@

#titcoin #twaddle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    The new owner of Sawatdee has be to inclusive. Whether you like cdnmatt, tobi, kommie or Smiles...
    The important thing Bruce is to keep the posters you really dislike on their toes by deleting some of their posts randomly, just like that other New Yorker did (even proudly announcing the fact that that's your practice). What was his name now? Oh yes, I remember, Neal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    The new owner of Sawatdee has be to inclusive. Whether you like cdnmatt, tobi, kommie or Smiles...
    The important thing Bruce is to keep the posters you really dislike on their toes by deleting some of their posts randomly, just like that other New Yorker did (even proudly announcing the fact that that's your practice). What was his name now? Oh yes, I remember, Neal.
    Yep, and don't forget to create multiple handles so you can talk to yourself. Oh look, you're way ahead of me.

http://gaysexthailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Yep, and don't forget to create multiple handles so you can talk to yourself. Oh look, you're way ahead of me.

http://gaysexthailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18
    [attachment=0:32fxpirm]7ad.jpg[/attachment:32fxpirm]
    Not only on the Internet can you be a dog and no-one will be the wiser, people can impersonate other people simply by using their posting handle and no-one will be the wiser. I have never, ever on this Forum been me so if someone wants to impersonate "me" - go right ahead

Liked

Whether you like cdnmatt, tobi, kommie or Smiles...putting them on ignore early in the game shows that within a small amount of time many others would be on ignore
    I'm on ignore ... uh. I'm not even a member for god sake. B-) ;
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    ...viscous queens...
    Hmm, what lube are you using?! :P

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Oh look Kommie! Even thonglor55 has signed up to gaysexthailand! My far reaching "tools" must be able to see what's going on there too huh?

Surfcrest