When Bruce explained his new site, he did describe it as being another forum...but more as "his own blog" and "similar to what Rush did". I was a bit surprised to see it as an "out of the box" message board platform, similar to some of the many other "one hit wonders" we saw with "cruisinggaythailand.com" and that site the Lonely Wombat owned briefly.

I wish Bruce all the luck, but maybe he wasn't aware several others have tried this unsuccessfully because they lacked the one key ingredient we have here...that being participation.

The new owner of Sawatdee has be to inclusive. Whether you like cdnmatt, tobi, kommie or Smiles...putting them on ignore early in the game shows that within a small amount of time many others would be on ignore...taking us back to where we were with out last owner and the many members we had to track down, reactivate or undelete.

When the right perspective new owner comes along, we'll look at transferring everything over. If that doesn't happen, I have no problem keeping Sawatdee on the same course as it's been on for the last 2.5 years.

Surfcrest