Good luck for your forum, Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648
Another example is with ChristianPFC's blog - Christian has posted MORE information about ALL of Thailand and the best far away and interesting places to visit. Unfortunately, if you as a user do not keep a log or database of what he writes - then that information becomes lost. For example, Christian's data should be pinned onto a map of Thailand where each pin would be clickable to investigate what Christian reported for that place. Then if one were to plan a trip, they could link the digital pins to GPS and then a trip would be organized easily. This would be fantastic and would give a lot of extra value to these wonderful forums.

unfortunately in the manner in which data is stored in these forums/blogs - this opportunity is lost....
All my posts are tagged with name of the province. http://maleangpo.blogspot.com/ (excellent website, in Japanese so I only can look at the pictures and read the Thai names) has all places tagged on google maps, maybe some day I look into it and do the same for my blog. Not just places I have been to, places I want to go to as well so I just have to look at the map to create an itinerary. I have this information for Bangkok in my head, when I am somewhere I look at map (without spots marked) and remember what is around where I want to go.