Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying your pasport.

Liked

Carrying your pasport.

The link below is copied from Gaybutton.
    Two things come to mind reading this story. One is that the bars raided hadn't supplied enough tea and biscuits. Or, perhaps the Thai police have discovered that they can collect as much money by arresting people who are actually breaking the law thereby reducing the need for any corrupt practices. I think the latter may well be considerably worse than the first.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7576

Liked

Liked

Re: Carrying your pasport.

It's all a pile of tosh.
    If you read the current article they detained 1 yes ONE farang for an out of date passport. They also detained 3 suspected illegal Burmese.
    What is there to worry about??
    Suspect gaybutton is just trying to increase
    his traffic!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by egel
    Suspect gaybutton is just trying to increase
    his traffic!
    I have plenty of traffic, thank you, and I didn't post the OP on this board. You call it 'a pile of tosh.' I'm not the one who wrote the articles. I said on my board and I'll say it here - it would be irresponsible of me not to let people know what the police are doing and warn about it. If you don't want to carry your passport during this crackdown, am I supposed to care? I hope you don't get caught without it and if you do get caught without it I hope you won't have any problems. But if you do have problems, you can't say you weren't warned.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    But if you do have problems...
    "The Embassy, Esmeralda. The Embassy!!"

Liked

For me the risks of carrying my passport with me at all times - losing the damn thing, having it stolen, wear and tear - far outweigh the remote (make that extremely remote) possibility that an officious boy in blue (sorry, brown) might demand to see it. I would reckon on being able to deal with such an eventuality reasonably amicably and without too much inconvenience if it arose anyway. Plenty of things alarm me in this perilous world, but not passport-inquisitive cops.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

I agree with PeterUK. I remember in my younger years I used to pack my passport around with me. Then when I went to the Immigration Canada office to get it renewed one time, with the entire front emblem totally worn off, a couple pages slightly teared at the seam, a small bit of water damage, etc... well, they were less than happy to say the least.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PeterUK
    For me the risks of carrying my passport with me at all times
    Understood, but I'm not talking about all times. I'm talking about between now and New Year because that's the time period police are targeting foreigners.

I don't know what the argument is about. Those who don't want to carry their passport this week, or any other time, then don't.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

? You left out your usual - "but you can't say you weren't warned" mantra .......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    I'm talking about between now and New Year because that's the time period police are targeting foreigners.
    Oh, all those hundreds and hundreds of poor foreigners, being compelled to languish in gaol for weeks-and-weeks-and-weeks and all because they simply forgot to carry their passports. You should call the Ambassador! ]