Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bangkok report 2015

Liked

Re: Bangkok report 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    I spent forty minutes in Hotmale last night....I'm a rare visitor. A diet Coke cost 380. On the plus side, three or four cute dancers, though one had desecrated his body with an assortment of tattoos. Saw three "acts" of their show. Unimpressed. But then I always am, which is why I rarely go.

One odd thing about Soi Twilight; I was having a drink in Dicks watching the passers-by. I was surprised how many of the guys had dyed blonde hair....is this in fashion in Bangkok at the moment?
    I think this is an Asian thing at the moment. Thais try to copy the hairstyles from both Koreans and Japanese fashion . And maybe Asian visitors like it , I have really no problem with it , but lets hope it will not become a habit....

Liked

I suspect that these customers are getting a discounted deal and are not paying B500 per drink.
    I think you may be correct. The bar owners have probably cut some deal with Chinese tour companies, with kick-backs/commissions flying in all directions,

Liked: 1

Whether it's 500 Baht or 380 Baht for a drink it's still way too expensive even if there is a show. I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't go once or twice to see the shows if you haven't been before but after your curiosity has been satisfied then do yourself a favor and get down to Silom Soi 4 for a 75 Baht drink.

Yes, 75 Baht, and Soi 4 is full of gay guys looking for company and there's no Off charge. The downside for some is that you have to make a bit of an effort chatting to people rather than calling out a number to the waiter but you might find a real treasure who will do you for free :-o Every bar there has wi fi so you can use grindr or hornet to check their availability.

I know people who can't abide the prices in Soi Twilight any more and always go to Silom Soi 4. They buy a bottle of 100 Pipers and suddenly they're the most popular guy on the street with boys flocking round to say Hello and to introduce their friends. Others Off a guy from Twilight and take them to eat and drink in Soi 4 rather than pay the outrageous prices in the gogo bars.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Like everything there is a group discount. The punters are paying full price and the tour company gets a kick back, just like when they steer tour groups to certain stores where they receive a commission (another word for kick back) on all purchases. Called doing business.

Liked

I never spotted organized tours entering or leaving a bar, not even walking in the soi. Somehow Soi Twilight managed to get into tourism magazines and websites. It's a tourist trap, like these awful floating markets (my opinion).
    Quote Originally Posted by corky
    Yes, 75 Baht, and Soi 4 is full of gay guys looking for company and there's no Off charge.
    It has been a while (3 years?) that I spotted a cute boy not accompanied by a Farang. Anyway, you are comparing apples with oranges, Pattaya is the place to go instead of Soi Twilight for reasonable drink prices, off fees, tip expectation and better attitudes.

Liked

Yes, 75 Baht, and Soi 4 is full of gay guys looking for company and there's no Off charge.
    It has been a while (3 years?) that I spotted a cute boy not accompanied by a Farang. .[/quote]

Well at least your definition of a cute boy!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    One odd thing about Soi Twilight; I was having a drink in Dicks watching the passers-by. I was surprised how many of the guys had dyed blonde hair....is this in fashion in Bangkok at the moment?
    These damned blond hair ... another turn-off for me and probably many farangs as well ...
    I actually find the blond hair quite attractive on most of the Asian guys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    I actually find the blond hair quite attractive on most of the Asian guys.
    Me too, and I think it is perfectly understandable that some want to stand out where everyone's natural hair color is the same.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

es, 75 Baht, and Soi 4 is full of gay guys looking for company and there's no Off charge.[/quote]
    It has been a while (3 years?) that I spotted a cute boy not accompanied by a Farang. .[/quote]

Well at least your definition of a cute boy![/quote]
    I see many boys with cute Farangs. A reality check for sure-good thing that money talks here still.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    I never spotted organized tapproachedntering or leaving a bar, not even walking in the soi. Somehow Soi Twilight managed to get into tourism magazines and websites. It's a tourist trap, like these awful floating markets (my opinion).
    It has been a while (3 years?) that I spotted a cute boy not accompanied by a Farang. Anyway, you are comparing apples with oranges, Pattaya is the place to go instead of Soi Twilight for reasonable drink prices, off fees, tip expectation and better attitudes.
    The groups I see entering the bars are not led by a flag holder but I notice that they make a beeline for a particular venue and enter and the touts don't give them the usual speel. It looks to me that they're expected.
    Re available boys in Silom Soi 4; I have only been approached by 40ish hustlers well practiced in promising much but delivering little. Now if I were still young and cute the story might be different...