Thread: Check your Spam Folder

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Check your Spam Folder

same same
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

I don't know, but I don't give anyone my phone#. Well, a few people I guess. House owners, service techs, my neighbors, my old next door neighbor, a few farangs I know and trust, etc.

For all intents and purposes though, I just stick with Line, and that's registered to an old phone#. Seems to work fine. Then again, I don't exactly have much of a social life, so maybe that's why it works. You're hard pressed to find a Thai who doesn't have Line though, regardless of age. 8 or 68, good chance they have Line. You always hear that "bree-bing" sound all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    And there was me thinking you're a high-tech wanker who would know all about the Do Not Disturb settings on your phone
    lol Yes, I know all about it. For example.... If my bf is out ( late night or anytime ) with his friends and, god forbid, he gets into some sort of an accident.... then I absolutely want my phone to ring loudly and wake me up.
    Clearly you don't know anything about it, certainly not all about it. What you say you want to ensure by not using DND is precisely the behaviour that DND supports if you set "Allow Calls From" to "Favourites" and then set your trollop to be a Favourite in your Contacts.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    You simply add any important callers to your favourites list and that overrides Do Not Disturb.
    Think about it.

That doesn't work when he's been in a car or motorbike accident and his phone went flying.... or a mugging and it was stolen.... and he is borrowing a phone at the hospital to call me.... Or he's unconscious and his friends are calling me from some random person's phone.... My phone needs to ring loudly no matter who calls me from where. My voice phone number is a "red phone"..... for emergencies only.... and thus, my phone number is a guarded secret.
    I think you failed to read this. ^^^

Or failed to understand it.

If my bf calls using the hospital phone..... My phone will remain silent if DND is set.

People often read a new feature bullet point in marketing material..... but fail to TIT.

AS I always say, TIT. Think it through. Then think it through just a little bit more.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

AS I always say, TIT. Think it through. Then think it through just a little bit more.
    As Bruce always manages to demonstrate, he is a total tit. A logical person will apply the Pareto principle to the most likely sets of events where his trollop has an emergency and calls Bruce's mobile phone. Where does "If my bf calls using the hospital phone" fit into that paradigm? Pretty clearly, at the tail - in the 20%. So for the sake of the least likely event set, Bruce limits himself to sub-optimal results for every event. He could take that further and refine his results by applying Bayes Theorem. He may find that what seems to be a 20% probability is in fact a 5% probability - or a 50% probability. But he will never know because he's fallen at the first hurdle of optimal human behaviour - success always starts with failure. I'd buy him the book for Xmas but Amazon sadly hasn't heard that "bitcoin is used everywhere on earth every day" (according to Bruce) and won't accept my Bitcoin in payment

I'm heading to the airport in a few hours' time to catch my flight to the Big Mango. This year's holiday posts will have a bonus especially for my devoted followers. One set details my adventures in Australia (they wouldn't accept Bitcoin in Oodnadatta either) over the last couple of weeks (provisional title: "Kommentariat's Ostrayan Obstacle Course"; the other will cover my triumphs in Bangkok (provisional title: My Bangkok Bitcoin adventures) and possibly Chiang Mai where I could be catching up with a former travel companion

Liked

That doesn't work when he's been in a car or motorbike accident and his phone went flying.... or a mugging and it was stolen.... and he is borrowing a phone at the hospital to call me.... Or he's unconscious and his friends are calling me from some random person's phone....
    Hahaha. I can guarantee there's a 100% chance that no-one will remember Bruce's phone number in all these fantasy scenarios. TIT.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I don't know, but I don't give anyone my phone#. Well, a few people I guess. House owners, service techs, my neighbors, my old next door neighbor, a few farangs I know and trust, etc.

For all intents and purposes though, I just stick with Line, and that's registered to an old phone#. Seems to work fine.
    You certainly do not give your phone number to forum members who want to visit you in Khon Kaen. Nor your Line account.

Liked

Oh, you can add me to Line now. That was my screw-up. Before I didn't know you needed to go into settings and select "Allow users to add me by ID" option. I just assumed they already could, but apparently not.

As for phone#, I have a new one now, but that can stay secret.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    (Did anyone count how many of my last posts were about cdnmatt? Am I getting obsessed?)
    No, I haven't, but yes, you are.
    For your convenience I made it it easier for you .... "Just say no".
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand