Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check your Spam Folder

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Check your Spam Folder

And if you see any messages from Sawatdee, click the "Report Not Spam" button.

Attached Images Attached Images
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Re: Check your Spam Folder

Good shout Bruce - on the basis of your post I checked my SPAM folder and there was some SGT email in there.

I wonder how many have been auto-deleted tho - as my SPAM filter auto-deletes after 30 days.

:-o

Liked

This just started this week, as our new moderator has set up a new email account for the administration of the Board so that these notifications don't exclusively go to my personal email address. Your preferences may be set for email notifications, for PM's etc. You will see our new Moderator use the Board's Admin user name. Over the next few weeks, I'll be transitioning all of these admin duties to our new moderator(s).

Surfcrest

Liked

I knew it would be something exciting like that

i-)

I used a one-off email address to register for SGT, so anything sent to that email address will "bounce" as it is inactivated. I assumed everyone does the same, but apparently not. The alternative is to use a service like MaskMe. The one rule everyone should follow, especially on the Internet, is never, never, never give out your real email address. My invariable habit when some impertinent person asks me for my mobile phone number is to give them one - just not mine.

Liked

There's nothing wrong with giving an active email address, provided you reserve one specifically for fora and other dubious activities and it contains to personally identifiable info

For example, I originally registed on SGT with 7.5uncut@electricpenis.com but I had to close down that one down when Neal's threatening and abusive emails ramped up to 5 or more per day. I'm sure that pissed the cunt off greatly - well I certainly hope it did

Likewise, when people ask me why I carry two mobiles, I just tell them the truth - one is my "real" phone and the other (unregistered) one is my Nookie phone. The expression on their face is usually priceless.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    My invariable habit when some impertinent person asks me for my mobile phone number is to give them one - just not mine.
    You are not the only one. Cdnmatt gives out wrong phone numbers and Line ID to ward off people who want to go to Khon Kaen to meet him. (Did anyone count how many of my last posts were about cdnmatt? Am I getting obsessed?)

One more reason to hand out my phone number to boys I want to see again. If the boy is interested, he will call. If he is not interested, there is little use in getting his phone number and then calling him, wasting time for both of us. However if a boy gives me his phone number, I call him immediately to see if the number is correct and if his phone rings (some have empty battery or phone at home, a poor start), and it's easier than telling him my phone number or typing it in his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Likewise, when people ask me why I carry two mobiles, I just tell them the truth - one is my "real" phone and the other (unregistered) one is my Nookie phone. The expression on their face is usually priceless.
    And do you tell the nosey parkers to "bog off" when they demand your mobile number or do you give them a dud one?

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    You are not the only one. Cdnmatt gives out wrong phone numbers and Line ID to ward off people who want to go to Khon Kaen to meet him.
    Yet, oddly enough, it's Matt and Surfcrest who are so obsessed with finding out members' information that they have devoted time and effort on that rather than giving the Forum features that the members actually want. Go figure.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    ...and Surfcrest who are so obsessed with finding out members' information that they have devoted time and effort on that rather than giving the Forum features that the members actually want. Go figure.
    Where are you getting that idea? And who's the one who's really obsessed?

Surfcrest