Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much time passed..

Liked

How much time passed..

Question for those who have or had a Thai boyfriend: how much time passed between first meeting your future boyfriend (or past if it's an ex now) and proposing? How much of this time have you spent together, in what environment, which activities?

(Language note: how do you shorten this question for a headline?)

Liked

Re: How much time passed..

How long before proposing what exactly ChristianPFC? Before proposing you go out for dinner? Proposing you meet his parents? Proposing you have sex? Proposing you set up home together? Proposing you have a shared bank account? The list is endless.

Were you perhaps meaning proposing getting married? If so, that's something I've never done and, at this late stage, doubt I ever will.

One suggestion for a more pithy title, assuming you were alluding to the question of marriage might be: How long before you popped the question? Hmmm ... but that is even longer than your original title, but I believe most people would get the meaning.

But it could be shortened to: When did you pop the question? And retain the meaning.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My fiance and I met..... and then we spent nearly all of our time together... for about 5 months.... before I asked him if he would marry me. ( I just now verified this with him. ) He says he thought about it very carefully for about 1 month.... before deciding, yes, to marry me.

We will be married in New York about a month from now.
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

( is someone we know preparing to pop a question......? ) :-*

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Question for those who have or had a Thai boyfriend: how much time passed between first meeting your future boyfriend (or past if it's an ex now) and proposing? ]
    My Thai bf "proposed" to me within three weeks of first meeting him. However an unexpected interlude of two years occurred before I was able to accept his proposal. That was 14 years ago.

Liked

I had to go back and add up the years on this one.

~ Met in Bangkok December 2000.
    ~ As I was still working then I traveled to Thailand on holiday about twice a year from 2001 until November 2007.
    ~ Retired in December of 2007 and we have lived together in Hua Hin since that time. So that adds up to 7 years of getting-to know-you, plus 8 years shacked up.
    ~ That makes us now just slightly over the ha sip/ha sip mark.

Not too shabby I guess. And still a very happy union if I don't say so myself.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

First 6 months was just getting to know each other in Pattaya, plus I made an occasional trip to KL to see my parents during that time. I just gave him a key to the Mosaik apartment (and subsequent apartments I moved to), and he would come and go as he pleased. We weren't with each other 24x7, but seen each other nearly every day. Just did the typical things you do in Pattaya -- go eat Thai BBQ, go to karoke, have sex, cuddle and watch a movie, etc. Some nights we'd sleep together, some nights not -- was up to him, and how he felt that day.

At the end of Pattaya he had a falling out with with roommate, so was with me basically 24x7 then. After that, we moved to Khon Kaen, and spent the first couple months in a hotel. We were probably a little too close to each other then for comfort -- he didn't have any friends in Khon Kaen, I obviously didn't either, so we were with each other in a hotel room 24x7. Wasn't bad though.

Then we "stumbled" into a cheap house for 4500/month, and lived there for about 2.5 years. As for activities, we just did the typical things that any couple does. Well, aside from the 10 ladyboys that were living with us by the end -- that's probably not very typical.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

10 bridesmaids.....?

Liked

heh, I wish... but no. 10 low life pieces of shit, actually. They rubbed off on Kim a little too much I think, as when we broke up he was a different person than when we first met.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    . . . Retired in December of 2007 and we have lived together in Hua Hin since that time. So that adds up to 7 years of getting-to know-you, plus 8 years shacked up. ~ That makes us now just slightly over the ha sip/ha sip mark . . .
    Crikey Smiles! Fifty years (h├вa-s├мp bpii) together. Well, well, well, and you both look so young! Must be something in the water in Hua Hin. The Thai equivalent of Shangri-La by the sounds of it.

But be careful, you do realise you canтАЩt leave, otherwise profound and dreadful consequences will ensue. :-s

s├мp-h├вa bpii = 15 years :-B
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases