Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Boys

Liked

Re: Toy Boys

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Every Thai boyfriend I've ever had has been vehemently opposed to even walking into the Sunee area. They wouldn't step foot in that area.... unless I begged and pleaded and moaned about it a *lot*.
    My BF loves Power Boys - which is on the outskirts of Sunee... He will venture there himself and wait for me

Occasionally he will walk through Sunee with me, with a lot of protests similar to Bruces BF above

But he refuses point blank to go inside on his own, so for instance if i was in a bar inside Sunee and he arrives to meet me, i have the choice of either going outside to fetch him... or coming to power boys when i am finished (and of course picking up his tab there!) - there is no way he will walk alone into the Sunee streets!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    However, if you are in Sunee and wearing a ridiculous blond toupee at the time, then 20B for a grope and suck in front of the entire bar seems to be par for the course

Scotty, you may not understand living far from the actual scene but those 20 Baht tips add up. There are year round residents of Pattaya who frequent clubs on a daily basis and support the boyz with tips whether 20 Baht or 100 Baht. Giving small tips can easily add up to 200 to 300 Baht or more in an evening. Multiple that by say 300 days out of the year and the total is 60,000 to 90,000 Baht. In addition to that is the money spent on drinks in these clubs.

Liked

I think I know now the guy who SG is referring to. I don't know how much he tips and I doubt very much that SG knows. I might ask MiniMee when SG was last in Sunee. Anyway anytime I am in Eros and the guy in question come in there is a rush of boys to sit beside him. He must be popular fora reason.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've never seen Bucky wearing a ridiculous blond toupee. That sounds hilarious. Anyone have a photo? =P~

Colmx, where exactly is Power Boys? And what is it? A gogo bar? Why does your bf like it so much?

I feel like I've missed so many places..... I live here..... and yet people who visit only a few times a year are often the ones telling me about places I've missed. :-B
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Colmx, where exactly is Power Boys? And what is it? A gogo bar? Why does your bf like it so much?
    I feel like I've missed so many places..... I live here..... and yet people who visit only a few times a year are often the ones telling me about places I've missed. :-B
    Powerboys is on Soi VC, between the 2 sois of Sunee Plaza and next door to Nice boys
    It was known as Mic My up to around 2 years ago

Why does BF like it? Because they let him do what he wants there and treat him like royalty... why else!
    And also its been such a great hunting ground for both of us over the years.... so many 3somes started out there with a few drinking games!
    its always the first and last gogo that we visit on any trip
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

It's rare that I go to a gogo bar for an off. I'm there to be entertaibed, play a little and have a fun time with the guys before I open my app and meet up with a hot guy for free fun sex. But with thailand being the way it is, on the way back to my room, it's easy to meet guys looking for a good time.

So for me the drink price plays into my choices of bars to visit, how many drinks I will buy, if I will buy the staff a drink and how often or how much I will tip.

I'm in thailand for vacation and to make memories.

The gogo bar wants us alll. The want the drinkers to buy drinks. The want the sex seekers to off a sex worker. The want the entertainment seekers to stay, buy a drink and watch the show.

For bar owners the may want the sky to be the limit for drink prices, and some may pay it, but not me. I'll get my fun outside of the overpriced bar.

Even on vacation I refuse to be foolish with my money or anyone else's money. It's just the way I'm wired . O:-)
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

The main point..... that they both have different things to offer.... I agree with.

But it's so ironic to hear you say that Thai boyfriends are much more comfortable in Sunee.

Every Thai boyfriend I've ever had has been vehemently opposed to even walking into the Sunee area. They wouldn't step foot in that area.... unless I begged and pleaded and moaned about it a *lot*. Then maybe they'd go once, but walk through quickly and not want to go inside anywhere, and want to get out of there as quickly as possible. Then for weeks they'd complain about me making them go to that awful area.

So.... Based on your account..... There must be 2 types of Thai Boy Friends. Those who "feel more comfortable" in Sunee...... and those who wouldn't be caught dead in Sunee.

Same as the farang. Two types. So weird.

Anonone, we know each other.... Tell me what is the attraction to Sunee about for you...? Also.... Does your bf feel more comfortable in Sunee.... or the opposite?
    Hmmm. For me, Boyztown feels fake. I have likened it to DisneyLand or something. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that, but it is not at all what I prefer. It all seems very staged, crafted, and put-on. Feels like a circus, complete with wandering tour groups walking through to gawk at the "freaks".

I find the Thais that work in Sunee are much more genuine, more ready to just have fun and not after money so much. (I realize I am making a lot of generalizations here. Partly due to a cadre of "friends" that I have made over the years that fit into a fun group, so we have an easy-going routine). BF absolutely feels more comfortable in Sunee. He will visit BT on occasion...used to be to see the Copa show, but hardly ever for gogo or beer bars. Staying at a hotel in BT is strictly out of the question. He feels quite "on display" and everybody watching all the time to know our business.

As to the attraction to Sunee, I really enjoy some sleaze and Sunee is better for that, hands down. The usual routine is to start our evening at Ducs Bar with a bottle of whiskey, for us and to share with the staff and freelancers that have become part of our circle. Starts off mellow with chatting / flirting / joking / eating. Just friends hanging out. I also have several Falang friends that join from time to time. At some point, I will "go for a walk" which everyone knows to mean "I am going to some gogo bars to play with cock". BF usually stays at Ducs, but sometimes comes along. Sometimes a Thai friend or two will ask to come along to check out the cocks as well. If alone, I will make the rounds to hit Eros & Nice Boys every time. I will occasionally drop into Good Boys when I am feeling particularly cock-enthralled. Less often, I will pop into Power Boys to see if there are any new staff there (usually have nice twinks on display...though not really a hands-on place). After jerking a fair share of guys, I will end up back at Ducs for more whiskey, listen to some Isan music and get the boys to dance, and then head out to Tam Nam Isan about 1 or 2AM. That is my attraction to Sunee...just about a perfect evening.

At the risk of further generalizations, I almost think this is a "hi-so" versus "have fun" type of discussion. I get the impression that a lot of the BT staff try to be "hi-so" and act as though they are "better" or "above" other people. Seems that the more a Thai guy opposes or goes into drama about something, it perhaps has hit a bit too close to home. I think they dost protest too much.

I never get that sense from the guys in Sunee. They are far more accepting and worry much less about appearances, but love to have a good time. Now, I will admit that for an "outsider", perhaps this isn't entirely accurate. I have made very good friends with a large circle of Sunee staff and perhaps they are different with me then others. For example, multiple times last trip we ended up at a boy's room for an afternoon party. They supplied the whiskey and such, I brought a large selection of food. Group of 6-8 of us just hanging out and having fun. I can't imagine that happening with staff in BT...but perhaps I am misjudging?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ohhhyeahhh. Mic My. I went inside only one time.... years ago. I heard so many negative things about it that I've stayed away ever since. Do others here like Mic My / Power Boys?

Ahhh, I now see we're posting at the same time, Anonone.

I remember sitting with you at Le Cafe Royale and your bf wouldn't come out of the room ( at Ambiance ).

Yes. Everything you've said makes sense. I do sense that some Thai boyfriends ( including all I've had ) desperately want to be *seen* as hi so. They're desperate for status and status symbols. Meanwhile, the ones in Sunee don't care about that. They're more "real" ( at least with respect to that issue ) and more down to earth.

On the other hand, as for the staff in BT.... I've never ever experienced any snobbery or rudeness. ( but maybe that's because I'm always seen as the customer. I don't know how they treat other boys... boys from Sunnee, for example )

One thing's for sure..... For thai boys, they are two different worlds. They're so separate from each other, they may as well be different planets. For us, "customers", we can pop back and forth.... but the boys don't !
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Yes, I remember that day as well. Our first and last time at a BT hotel. BF will not go back there after that trip.

When I do occasionally visit BT on my own, I agree...no rudeness or snobbery. The chaps I have spoken with have all seemed fine, but also seemed more "business" focused. Just my impressions.

As for Mike My, it certainly had a (deservedly) wicked reputation. The new bar in the same space, Power Boys, has no similar atmosphere. Power Boys is a well run, clean bar with some very nice twinks in attendance. No need to stay away from it.

I know a couple of guys that spend time in both BT and Sunee, in particular a free lancer who is sometimes looked askance upon in Sunee for being too uppity...to continue my theme. I really hadn't given the Sunee/BT thing a lot of thought, but it does seem to be an accurate description. I would be interested in what some other long-time Pattaya visitors think. I know for some, the expense of BT over Sunee is important, but it just isn't a consideration for me.

bruce_ I will be back in Pattaya just after New Years for a week if you happen to make it back down. Would be great to meet you (in Sunee ) for a drink. 555

Liked

Bruce: I have a motorbike so there's no walking involved.

A 20 Baht tip is fine for a quick feel. If the boy sits with you it's 100 unless you get up to something and then 200 is reasonable. As for the 20 Baht toupee wearing (LMTU used to call him Raccoon Head). Everyone knows who he is. A former bar owner described him as " Sunees biggest balloon chaser" meaning he would always attend the free parties. It must be very hot wearing that.