Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sawatdee Network Update

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Network Update

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    According to the site Worth of Web the network as it currently stands is valued at slightly less than $3K. SitePrice responded with a "Adult Web Site" message and a suggestion it should be valued by a more appropriate site. Don't trust me - the figures are publicly available. If the Forum is the only thing remaining then - possibly - the value is even less.
    It's not so much about value, as it is about commitment. We need to have an administrator who is committed to being here and dependable to looking after the Board well into the future. If you don't have an attachment to it, there's not going to be a lot of trust from the membership into how the Board is administered, whether days go by without serious issues being noticed, that the site goes offline sporadically...and on and on. The last thing I want to do is to have to buy it back from someone, just to keep it alive. I've been there...done that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    Well, my money is on fountainhall for the great office of the Lord Keeper of the QueenтАЩs Peace (otherwise known as a moderator).
    Yes, fountainhall would have been an excellent choice...even to take over!

Surfcrest

Liked

Alternatively, Surfy could just "do a Neal" and install a multiplicity of hydras - any two of which could be the anonymous moderators at any one time - so I'll be watching out for Captain Crunch and Just Me making an appearance any day now.

Liked

Yes, fountainhall! If we had a vote, I'd certainly back him.

Liked

I heard Hadda is one of the new moderators.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Hadda Dickinmee?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In our guessing game, because he has been silent for some weeks, we have overlooked our highly esteemed colleague from the Emerald Isle.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    If IтАЩm wrong, then we are fast running out of likely candidates. And, IтАЩve put forward only one possible тАШesteemed memberтАЩ, I canтАЩt think of another member other than Smiles. Perhaps it's a case of going back to the future. Well, he certainly knows the ropes and is no stranger to the role of moderator.
    Thanks for the thoughts Jellybean, but not a chance.
    I gave up the board to Elephantspike for a couple of reasons, the main one being I was just tired of running the thing. I was both owner and moderator in those early days ... can I say 'burnout'.
    As well, this is a different board technically: the early board was an EzBoard configuration and much easier to handle for a non-geek-non-techy like myself. Sawatdee is now a phpBB board and much more complicated .... my brain does not do software anything, internet-tech, bitcoin-speak etc etc.

I wish the new Moderator(s) the best of luck, and hope and pray they will always keep in mind the deadly dangers of 'over-moderation'.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

For me, I believe the moderators should remain anonymous; only reason to know their identity would be for personal attacks on them. Baht-Stop had an unknown owner(s) and mods and worked quite well. GayThailand Forum now has unknown moderator(s) and a fictitious owner and no problems.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    I heard Hadda is one of the new moderators.
    Did you mean the infamous Hedda?
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Hedda Gobbler??