Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sawatdee Network Update

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Network Update

Ah, I didnтАЩt see the post made by scottish-guy when I posted my previous post. He has made the point I was trying to make more effectively than I ever could.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Although he once banned me, I find the Moderation here very light , which is as it should be if you want a Board that breathes new ideas and constantly has threads where a large number of members respond .

Those are the kind of threads that keep a Board interesting even when some acrimony shows its head.

I see absolutely no reason to know who the Moderators are and just hope they rule with a light hand and don't get upset when someone complains to them. (goes with the Job)

Liked

Firecat - is that an undertaking that should you personally have a post moderated/edited/deleted in the future you'll just be accepting it and won't be demanding to know WHO did it?

Just asking, so we can all be clear.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    But IтАЩm sorry to inform you that I am not one of the new moderators.
    Drat. Of course, that's what an anonymous moderator would say. Ha!!
    What I would say to you Tobi, is ASSHOLE.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Firecat - is that an undertaking that should you personally have a post moderated/edited/deleted in the future you'll just be accepting it and won't be demanding to know WHO did it?

Just asking, so we can all be clear.
    I would not want to give you 100% on the sun coming up tomorrow. However when I was banned , I easily continued to visit and if I had wanted to I could have registered under another name .

I choose not to because the guy who pays the bills has some discretion even if I might think he is wrong.

Since the Moderators are an extension of Surfcrest , I doubt I would be bothered enough to care. And besides what gives any poster here the right to determine how the Board is run. They can make suggestions and if they don't like it they can leave.

Until the posters pay the bills , I feel their rights are very limited if any!

Liked

Drat. Of course, that's what an anonymous moderator would say. Ha!!
    Which, because of it's pure and unadulterated speculation and total lack of factual knowledge, driven - for some unknown reason - by your pure, unadulterated and nonsensical intensity of dislike [see below] for Jellybean ... and thus rendered useless as any reasonable semblance of an intelligent observation.

Jellybean, you rancid blob ...
    Which, because of the aforementioned personal dislike of Jellybean, constitutes an insult which exists for no apparent or specific reason, and thus deserved to be ridiculed by the members of this board to the greatest degree possible, and then relegated to a board cesspool [if one was available] ... where you obviously live your life.

In a more simple way of putting it [which you might understand, being simple] ... to echo Francois above; you're an asshole.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    .....Until the posters pay the bills , I feel their rights are very limited if any!
    OMFG, Neal's being channelled thru Firecat!

What's next - "It's my playground and if you don't like it not only can you fuck off but I'll have you killed"?

Liked

I can't believe everyone is getting pissy about a couple guys coming in to help Surfcrest out. I think we can all agree, moderation here has been excellent while Surfcrest has been at the helm. Assuming he continues to be at the helm, I don't see the issue.

I'm sure many of you remember what this place was like before. Posts were being modified / deleted left and right, because it was "his playground" as he put it. That doesn't happen anymore, so unsure what everyone is getting worked up about.

I agree, the new mods should probably reveal themselves, but I'm sure they will in time. GIve it a couple months, and we'll know who they are.

Place your bets people! Place your bets! I'm going for PeterUK and bobsaigon.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    .....Until the posters pay the bills , I feel their rights are very limited if any!
    OMFG, Neal's being channelled thru Firecat!

What's next - "It's my playground and if you don't like it not only can you fuck off but I'll have you killed"?

Totally inane argument. First of all Surfcrest has proven himself not to be like the former owner over quite a period of time. Not only that he has taken suggestions and changed some things that members suggested.

There is no reason to think the members he has chosen to be Moderators will stray very far from what he has established.

Complaining about nebulous things before anyone has anything to complain about just seems to be a waste of time.

Wait and see something that you don't like with the change before you complain about it.

Liked

Missed the point completely! By a country mile too!!

If you can see a criticism of Surfcrest or a complaint about the board in the quote you have highlighted, you're hallucinating.