Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sawatdee Network Update

Liked

Sawatdee Network Update

Friends,

As some of you may have noticed these past few months, I haven't been able to be here as much as I once could. I'm still here each and every day to work on the software maintenance, check on any spam and do some light moderating. You may notice me cleaning up the new membership or editing Nicky's daily post at al hours of the day depending on what part of the world I'm in.

There are a great deal of things going on in my professional life that are making it more and more difficult for me to read each and every thread thoroughly.

So, I have approached two esteemed members to assist me at first and then to take over the moderating of the Board entirely. I have asked each member already, so if it wasn't you please don't be broken hearted. Each of these two members will remain anonymous in their roles as moderator and will keep their personal membership separate and private. I have chosen both of these two great guys based on their warm heartedness and based on the fact they've never had a disagreement with anyone here before that I would know and this counts for a lot.

I will continue to manage the membership and the spam for now, unless I can delegate that responsibility as well. I will also mange the front end of the site the WP Pro, the Google promo stuff, the affiliate postings and all the Security "tools" (lol). I've dissolved most of the Network, although Bangkokbois will remain on our site for the time being. I'll probably be moving us off this server over the coming 6 months in order to reduce the monthly costs...I can't guarantee I'll be able to hold on to Bangkokbois after that, but I'll let you know first before I disconnect it.

In the coming year, I would like to pass the Board on to the next owner...or administrator. I still believe the site has the potential to make a substantial amount of revenue or to add to the community with supporting and promoting charitable causes. For me to have created that for this site, I would have to be there in Thailand with the time to meet with people. I'm in no rush to move ahead with this, I'd just like to plant the seed...hopefully inspire someone to think about it.

Comments are welcome on this thread and suggestions. If you'd like to privately discuss any of this, please send me a PM but please be patient with the response.

Thank you,

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Network Update

Anonymous authority. Mmm. Are you sure that's a good idea? Because I'm not.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    ... two great guys based on their warm heartedness and based on the fact they've never had a disagreement with anyone here ......
    The indicated criteria certainly promotes anonymity - I can't think of a single member of any note who can fit that description.

I thought I could - then I remembered his comments about how the nasty allies had all ganged-up on poor Germany during WW2.

Liked

Jellybean*, you rancid blob.
    *1 down, 1 to go.

Liked

Really Tobi, it's bit harsh calling Jellybean a rancid blob - I've never met him myself, but I've heard he's quite thin.

Liked

Thank U Surfcrest for telling us your plans and the reasons for them. I don't intend to try and guess who the two chaps you've chosen are, although we wouldn't be human if we didn't have our favourites - one guy (American) in particular stands out for me. Regarding Jellybean, he is a great poster who I enjoy reading, but according to a post he made some time ago, his health is up and down, so making rude comments is definitely below the belt IMO.

Liked

What's the cost? I remember I asked Neal once, and he quoted a ridiculous figure like $40k or something. I understand you've put yourself in more of a maintence role than development role, and you're quite obviously open to selling, so what's your price for this place?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i for sure would miss this site. Been so much better since you know who left.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    Jellybean*, you rancid blob.
    *1 down, 1 to go.
    Crikey Tobi! Such a beastly comment and from a relatively new member, which actually made me splutter into my morning coffee. What a start to the day! But IтАЩm sorry to inform you that I am not one of the new moderators. Firstly, I would have failed at the first hurdle as I donтАЩt qualify as an тАЬesteemed memberтАЭ and secondly, I have neither the time nor the inclination to perform such a role.

In any case, I would regard such responsibility as a poisoned chalice and perhaps one reason why the new moderators have asked for or been given anonymity. Just a thought.

So Tobi, I think you should go and sit on the naughty step immediately and remain there until further notice. Dear-oh-dear, whatтАЩs this forum coming to, rancid blob indeed.

And, to paraphrase Smiles . . . but do carry on with the speculation.

=))
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    What's the cost? I remember I asked Neal once, and he quoted a ridiculous figure like $40k or something. I understand you've put yourself in more of a maintence role than development role, and you're quite obviously open to selling, so what's your price for this place?
    In Bitcoin?
    Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    i for sure would miss this site. Been so much better since you know who left.
    No, we don't know who.