Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: multiple posts by Purple Roofs on Thailand

Liked

Re: multiple posts by Purple Roofs on Thailand

I too won't ride a tuk-tuk unless there is no other choice. There is, of course, the safety concern - even a minor fender-bender can easily eject you. Along with that, there is no set price and no meter on any tuk-tuks that I've ever seen, which opens the rip-off door wide open. I too have been on tuk-tuks on which the drivers, rather than just take me to my destination, try to get me to go on some sort of tour or try to get me to let them take me to some sort of venue that I have no desire to go to, but they get a commission when they bring in a customer. Also, I don't like the sloped roofs. I can't see anything other than out the sides - no front view at all except for the driver's head and about two meters of street in front of him.

In other words, for me, no thanks.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

I don't know, but I've never had a problem. Then again, Bangkok has 6.55 million people, and KK has a whopping 120,000, so that might be the reason.

My biggest concern with them isn't really an accident, but the fact they could just simply fall apart in the middle of a ride. Some are a little on the older side.

Liked

Surfcrest: What you're referring to is a butterfly (fuck em and move on) and that certainly includes me, I'm always looking to have as many different boys as I can during my Thailand trips. What I was talking about ere Latins' claims of his behaviour towards them. They are not the same thing.

As for tuktuks or taxis ripping you off well just ask them how much it is to where you want to go. If you're happy with the price you both agree on then it's not a rip off, is it? My usual tactic is to laugh at whatever price they quote, tell them I know it's not far and suggest half. That generally works all over Asia.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    That generally works all over Asia.
    I can't find a cab on Sukhumvit and you've got them trained to take you across the boarder into other countries...you're amazing arsenal...lol

Surfcrest

Liked

Surfcrest. OK, a confession. I haven't been to Bangkok (the airport excepted) in over ten years so I don't know about taxis there. However this has worked in Vietnam, Cambodia, China and Hong Kong. I now agree a set fare for all taxi rides.

My best Bangkok tuktuk story.
    Coming out of some fleshpot in Patpong I got into a tuktuk and pointed to the driver where to go, twice. He nodded, smiled and then immediately turned and drove off in the opposite direction to that I had pointed to. I just sat back and wondered where we'd end up. For thirty minutes he drove around before he decided he didn't know where the hotel was and he handed me over to another tuktuk. No money was requested. The second driver managed to find the hotel although he seemed to go a very long way round to get there. The agreed fare had been 100 baht but as it took him so long I gave him extra, how much extra I can't remember.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    .. I happen to be way over on the spectrum close to latin...and he's my favorite poster. :x
    In that case, common decency (not to mention literacy) obviously count for nothing - how disappointing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No accounting for taste - or lack of any.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    .. I happen to be way over on the spectrum close to latin...and he's my favorite poster. :x
    In that case, common decency (not to mention literacy) obviously count for nothing - how disappointing.
    Disappointing indeed, and from such an august personage of this Board [he said . . . Victorian-like].
    I was thinking more along the lines of a live Lonely Wombat, or a very dead Neal . . . [I'm certain Cathay Pacific would approve ... he said].
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I happen to be way over on the spectrum close to latin...
    A surprising and yes, very disappointing, admission.

Liked

close to latin...and he's my favorite poster
    If this is the posting standard the owner considers SGT to be worthy of celebrating or encouraging , little wonder the forum has been stalling for a long while now. While the bulk of animosity towards Latin by members is actually over-reaction to his very deliberate choice of words and button pushing agenda rather than the bulk of his actions which are in the main, absolutely normal (many failing to put his exaggerations in to context/reality in comparison to their own actions in Thailand sans his flowery language), his basic lack of humanity, stinking attitude and a minority of his actions (whether real or part fantasy) towards working boys is deplorable and for that aspect alone deserves no encouragement whatsoever let alone being described as a favourite by anyone.