Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
So, I'm glad / sad to say that it seems my own thoughts and feelings about my experiencing fairly overt racism and a general feeling of being shunned whilst in Taiwan, no matter what a few people tried to pass off as the locals just being "shy" as they didn't speak good English etc weren't just all in my imagination it seems and that some people ( well this one dickhead at least for sure ) certainly feel all white people there are shit and should leave and that girls who date white guys are nothing more than whores, even though this particular couple had actually been together for over ten years !
The YouTube video was sickening to watch. I have spent six months in Taiwan over a number of visits since October 2013 and never encountered anything like that but I do not speak the Mandarin language so I would not know what people are saying about me. At the end of the YouTube they show examples of similar behaviour in other countries so this is not an isolated incident to Taiwan.

I believe jealousy as much as discrimination is part of the problem. The abuser in this case is a fairly average looking guy and maybe cannot find a girlfriend himself. Then he see a foreigner on the MRT with a Taiwanese girlfriend and says to himself "wtf, she should be going out with me not some foriegner". Maybe a wild assumption but when I was having drinks at the Red House gay bars with a much younger and very good looking Taiwanese guy here last year I returned from the toilet to find a Taiwanese guy talking to my friend. He left when I returned but the conversation was "why you drinking and kissing that guy when you could be with me". Whether that meant foreigner or old guy or whatever I will never know.

The last two nights I tried a gay bar near my apartment in Taipei called G Mix, near Zhongxiao Danhua MRT station, well away from the Red House gay bars and where you might expect to feel unwelcome if there is rampant discrimination against foreigners in Taiwan. Friday night was fairly quiet but the Taiwanese guy next to me spoke fairly good English, introduced himself and we chatted all the time I was there and he was translating information between myself and the two very handsome and friendly waiters. I really felt comfortable there and very welcome. Last night they had a party, the manager ushered me in the door, gave me a tour of the bar including the party area in the basement and was happy to introduce me to other customers. One of the waiters gave me a big hug when I left. Last week I was at Commander Bar, upstairs at the Red House. Bird, the waiter at Commander speaks good English and again a very friendly and good environment. There may even be someone chained up and ready for a spanking if your there at the right time as I was last week. Not every bar is as friendly but that is the same everywhere that I travel through Asia.

The Taiwanese friends that I do have are some of the nicest and best friends that I could ever wish for. The many guys that have visited my room in Taiwan and often returned again are happy to meet a foreigner. There are rotten assholes that discriminate like the guy in the YouTube all over the world but thank you Nirish for posting, as disturbing as it is to watch the video.