List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expats -- How do you handle long-term giks?

Liked

Re: Expats -- How do you handle long-term giks?

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    ' ... then I discover character faults and get bored ... '
    I highly suspect - granted, with little actual proof - that the 'character faults' of the Thai guy which might trigger you to dump him, might well be that the Thai guy has become totally bored with you first.
    To me, that would sound a much more likely scenario.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

... get degraded to fuck buddy ...
    I might upgrade a well-performing ONS to fuck buddy but there isn't a level above that from which it is possible to be downgraded

By the way I looked "gik" up having never encountered the term before (having little interest in the Thai language and none in Thai slang); apparently that's what it means - fuck buddy

Liked

Smiles, I would love to meet you in person so you can form an opinion about my me based not just on reading what I write.
    Until then, you just have to believe that a boy whom I call stupid and lazy is stupid and lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    ...might well be that the Thai guy has become totally bored with you first.
    Rather he discovered that I will not take care of him for the rest of his life,
    while I discover that he is looking for someone who will take care of him for the rest of his life.

р╕Бр╕┤р╣Кр╕Б g├нk is indeed equivalent to fuck buddy: casual boyfriend/girlfriend ; intimate friend
    http://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/1272395.html

My scale (with estimated numbers of people I have sex with for one year in brackets):
    boyfriend (0), boyfriend candidate (3), fuck buddy (10), single encounters (50).

Half of the fuck buddies are carried over from previous years,
    whereas boyfriend candidates and single encounters are in that year.
    Fuck buddy and single encounters often paid, but boyfriend candidate no direct payment for sex.

Liked

... Smiles, I would love to meet you in person ...
    No you wouldn't. You would not love me.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

I let everyone come to my room, from boys I just met in Saranrom to boyfriend candidates who might stay a few days (then I discover character faults and get bored, they lose their status as boyfriend candidate and get degraded to fuck buddy and I kick them out). No problems so far
    I've been screwing around trying to figure out how to phrase this properly, but never works, so this will come across as quite rude, but by no means is it intended that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you live in a studio apartment, right? In that case, it's no real surprise that it's not difficult to get rid of them. Who wants to hang out in a studio apartment?

Whereas here, I could easily see them making themselves a little more comfortable and at home than I would prefer. If and when that happens, then what do I do? It would literally take physical violence to get rid of them, and even that's a stupid idea, because they'll just come back with 12 people for revenge.

Hence why so far, nobody gets to know where I live, which sucks. Instead I revert to, a) telling them we need to go to a curtain motel, and b) leaving quickly degrading them even moreso than going to a curtain motel, because I have the dogs and not willing to leave them alone at night for too long. They'll get scared, and start howling like wolves, which I'm assuming the neighbors don't appreciate at 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Hence why so far, nobody gets to know where I live, which sucks. Instead I revert to, a) telling them we need to go to a curtain motel, and b) leaving quickly degrading them even moreso than going to a curtain motel, because I have the dogs and not willing to leave them alone at night for too long. They'll get scared, and start howling like wolves, which I'm assuming the neighbors don't appreciate at 1am.
    And you're not prepared to live with your decision? You live in the back of Nakhon Nowhere, you despise the West and want no contact your fellow farang in Thailand, and you expect us to give you advice and show sympathy?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I let everyone come to my room, from boys I just met in Saranrom to boyfriend candidates who might stay a few days (then I discover character faults and get bored, they lose their status as boyfriend candidate and get degraded to fuck buddy and I kick them out). No problems so far
    I've been screwing around trying to figure out how to phrase this properly, but never works, so this will come across as quite rude, but by no means is it intended that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you live in a studio apartment, right? In that case, it's no real surprise that it's not difficult to get rid of them. Who wants to hang out in a studio apartment?
    Nothing rude at all. I'm not familiar with how the various kinds of accommodation are called (What to reply when a boy asks me if I live in an apartment or a condo? I tell him I have a room.), but based on this definition:
    A studio apartment, also known as a studio flat (UK), a self-contained apartment (Nigeria),[1] efficiency apartment or bachelor apartment, is a small apartment which combines living room, bedroom, and kitchenette into a single room.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_apartment
    I do live in a studio apartment (minus kitchenette - I don't prepare food except for toast, plus bathroom). Or to put it another way: I eat, sleep, fuck, read books and play internet in one room. But it's not a bedsit (read this on stickmanweekly, when you watch TV you sit on your bed, and so on), I have separate chairs for eating and playing internet.

I guess my room is a large improvement over most of my boys' rooms.

Recently stayed with a boy in Ramkhamhaeng, room about 2 m x 3 m, no aircon, no refrigerator, shared toilet and bathroom - scoop cold water over your body - estimated 30 m walk away, at 1500 Baht per month more expensive per sqm than my room and less comfortable!

Anyway, I don't hang out in my room, I travel a lot. Where and how do you hang out?

You speak about several empty bedrooms, but I fail to see their importance.
    Would you and your boy sleep in separate rooms?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

christian, each to his own, but I certainly would find it difficult to live in a room only, I would feel too cooped up. Dont think I've ever had long term accommodation that was under 2 bed rooms (70 square meters). The lack of space would drive me nuts. As for live in sex partners, I prefer to sleep alone, hence the need for a 2nd bedroom.

Liked

Where and how do you hang out?
    My life is extremely boring. I work, then after that I work some more. Then I go have sex, come back and do some more work. And again, I have the dogs -- can't exactly take off for the weekend whenever I feel like it.

You speak about several empty bedrooms, but I fail to see their importance.
    There isn't any importance. Only reason for the house is because I need the yard for the dogs. I have 60kg of dog here, so an apartment isn't going to work. That, and they're quite healthy, strong and energetic, so keeping them in the yard is probably a good idea. heh. Otherwise, they'd be bolting around the neighborhood at 30km/hour, stealing chickens, making people crash their motorbikes, wrestling with all the other dogs in the area, scaring the old people, etc. Best to have a large yard for them, so they can get all the excercise they need.

Would you and your boy sleep in separate rooms?
    No idea, as never had anyone here yet. Thanks to Kim, I know full well what happens when the wrong Thai person believes you've wronged them. I would imagine they'd sleep by themselves though. Would be up to them, not me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

kommy...u talk too much....or should I say " type too much"...u must be a woman...only quiet when u r eating or sleeping.