List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expats -- How do you handle long-term giks?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Expats -- How do you handle long-term giks?

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    His lifestyle is far from the usual and I imagine only one in a hundred would choose
    living in a village, without a boy and only his dogs. It works for Matt and that's all that
    matters.
    Every git is different,
    Khon Kaen is a village? That will be news to the 100,000 plus who live there. Although I must agree with you that every git is different, even giks are all different too.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Can you actually hold a logical conversation cdnmatt?
    If you can stop being a depressed, queeny bitch, I promise I can hold a logical conversation.
    No evidence that so far - and I mean since you first joined the Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Rant, rate, rave, rave, spew bile
    Rave on, NIrish. A logical comparison for cdnmatt to make would be to the cost of a condo in Thailand. The comparison he did make, which is totally illogical, is to a "parking stall" in some other country ie. not even living quarters. Even more irrelevant is that cdnmatt's house is in a substantial provincial (third world) city (as Brad points out) whereas this hypothetical parking stall is most likely in a substantial city and definitely in a first world country.

You have heard of the phrase "comparing apples with oranges" haven't you (even in Northern Ireland)?

Liked

It's actually a very logical comparison, and I use it all the time to justify to both, myself and my family why I'm still here. Regardless of where in the world I am, I'm stuck behind the computer working at home.

So for $2000/month in Thailand, I get a nice 3bdrm fully furnished house, huge gated yard, couple cool dogs, loads of great imported food (Norwegian salmon, Australian rib-eye, etc.), great weather all year around, the peacefulness and calmness a Buddhist society brings, sex on tap with gorgeous 22 year olds, etc.

Or I could move to say Vancouver, and spend say $5000/month for a mediocore life in a 1bdrm apartment, no dogs, budget everything, put up with Canadian winters, egotistical idiots running around, etc. Plus it's either in Canada I'm the "gay guy", or here I'm "the farang". Fuck it, I'll go with farang.

Guess what I chose? So yes, it's actually a very logical comparison.

In your dreams, cdnmatt, in your dreams. How you must struggle with IF ... THEN ... ELSE

Liked

I live in a condo with security and I feel safe here and with my friendly neighbors . I will not bring boys here if its only for sex , people I consider friends are welcome but not moneyboys. But if I ever go into a serious relationship again with someome I trust I will bring him here of course.

Regarding phones I have 2 numbers , one for my real friends and business, the other for my gay life and moneyboys. I find it less stressfull this way.

Liked

In your dreams, cdnmatt, in your dreams. How you must struggle with IF ... THEN ... ELSE
    So where do you live? Are you in Thailand, and just have crazy hours like me? Or are you somewhere like the UK, and wish you could be in Thailand?

Nice jab at software programming btw... although really fucken stupid.

So where do you live? Are you in Thailand, and just have crazy hours like me? Or are you somewhere like the UK, and wish you could be in Thailand?
    Surely the tools you've come up with for Surfcrest can give you the answers to those questions - or so you think - he certainly does

IF you're going to ask about how people behave in Thailand
    THEN confine your remarks to Thailand
    ELSE appear to be a total wally

Liked

What happened?

For a while there, you were actually being a great guy. Being helpful, providing good advice to people, etc.

Now all of a sudden you've reverted into being an asshole again. Drugs are a powerful thing, or what's up?

What happened?

For a while there, you were actually being a great guy. Being helpful, providing good advice to people, etc.

Now all of a sudden you've reverted into being an asshole again. Drugs are a powerful thing, or what's up?
    Try googling the word curmudgeon

Liked

I let everyone come to my room, from boys I just met in Saranrom to boyfriend candidates who might stay a few days (then I discover character faults and get bored, they lose their status as boyfriend candidate and get degraded to fuck buddy and I kick them out). No problems so far, but when one friend told me was going to move into a room on my floor I was scared for a while.

I have only one phone number, no problem with excessive calls. I prefer to write on Line, and most of my friends do so.

I think cdnmatts price comparison is valid. Same applies to me, for the rent of my room I could just rent a parking space for a car in Paris. Or to stay in Thailand (Bangkok in particular): a friend pays as much maintenance fee for his condo as I pay for my room.