Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Betting on the Republican presidential nominee

Betting on the Republican presidential nominee

As I've said consistently, Trump won't be the Republican presidential nominee. For aficionados of American politics here's Nate Silver and his team's assessment of the state of play http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/doe ... te-chance/

Liked

Re: Betting on the Republican presidential nominee

It really boils down to who has the best chance as the Republican nominee to beat either Clinton or Sanders, the two Democratic front runners. Whatever science you want to use, it looks like only Trump out of the Republican line up has any sort of chance with his ideas of making America strong again and funding his own campaign, rather than from lobbyists. I still like the thirty dollar deal!

Surfcrest

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    It really boils down to who has the best chance as the Republican nominee to beat either Clinton or Sanders, the two Democratic front runners. Whatever science you want to use, it looks like only Trump out of the Republican line up has any sort of chance with his ideas of making America strong again and funding his own campaign, rather than from lobbyists. I still like the thirty dollar deal!
    The rest of the world will look forward to an even more entertaining time than when Dubya was President if that came to pass - but it won't

Liked

Anybody else but Silver, and there would be tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. Between immigration and the TPP, there is a big split in the GOP. Do not underestimate Trump and Carson.

Liked

Oh, it's too bad my pal kommentariat (a.k.a Guest) isn't still with us to see Donald Trump taking the Republican GOP for a lot of the same reasons that were relevant back in November...and will still be relevant this coming November.

Surfcrest

Liked

Go Trump
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by oldfarang View Post
    Go Trump
    Please don't tell me you're serious. You really want Trump commander-in-chief of the largest and most powerful military ever known to human civilization, plus also have the launch codes to the world's largest nuclear arsenal?

For some obscure reason, I don't think that's a very good idea.

Now I don't much like Hilary either, but at least she's part of the "ole boys group", has the necessary experience on the world stage, and will keep the ship sailing on its steady course.

Like it or not, the US is doing pretty decent these days. Unemployment is at an acceptable rate, stock market strong, US dollar is strong, etc. It's definitely doing better than when Bush left office, that's for sure. Honestly, as long as we get a President (ie. Hilary) that will keep the US humming along on its current course, I'm a happy man. Last thing I want to see is someone come in and fuck it all up, which is pretty much guaranteed if Trump ends up living in the White House.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; May 22nd, 2016 at 22:18.

Liked

PS. Not to mention, Hilary has already had all her dirty laundry aired in public. Hell, I think there's been 8 separate Benghazi committees and hearings now. She's been in the public spotlight for decades, so we now all there is to know about her.

Trump on the other hand... I've heard he serves up some shitty steaks and wines.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Now I don't much like Hilary either, but at least she's part of the "ole boys group"
    Really, don't know which country you are from. I have lived and worked in many around the world.
    Dear old established USA, like lying Hilary, they are all the same.Paid and bought for.

I would rather see Bernie then Hilary becoming president, but that won't happen.

Would Trump be the perfect president, GOD of course not, at least he is not bought and paid for (like Hilary is and Bernie is NOT), so maybe a real change.
    Probably not, because I expect he will be shot or have an accident sooner or later.

You tell me what is wrong with a guy who puts his own people first and will get along with Putin and China (both gave their support to him).
    Maybe you think Trump is the anti-christ, well Bush and Obama where also accused of that.

In my heart and mind I am a real lefty, but with a realistic view on the world.

AND IT IS TIME TO KICK ASS, so GO Trump
    Last edited by oldfarang; May 22nd, 2016 at 22:55.
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

10. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (May 23rd, 2016)

Liked

Voting for Trump is self defeating!

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's anger.[1]

Nonetheless, the Germans voted for Hitler as he appealed to their basest instincts as do many people in USA who can't think for themselves.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (May 27th, 2016)