Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Mexico City

Liked

Mexico City

Has anybody visited Mexico City??

Liked

Re: Mexico City

Yes, many, many times. What would you like to know?

Surtfcrest

Liked

What re the boys like and where to find them. Hundreds of them on Hornet more then I have ever seen on Gay Apps anywhere.

Short flight for me so wodering whether to give it a try.

Liked

Of course general comments about the city in general, restaurants , sightseeing, saftey etc.

Liked

I've been coming to Mexico City (DF) for some time, a lot because it's a convenient Hub to the South from Canada. Crime in certain areas and especially after dark had been a problem for many years, but seems to be improving these past few years and I'd say for the most it's a safe destination. The majority of the mainstream Gay spots in town are in the Zona Rosa. The Zona Rosa has a lot more open space than the Historic Zone which allows you to sit outdoors and enjoy the sun and fresh(er) air at some of the better cafe's in town. There are plenty of Gay Clubs, restaurants and Gay friendly accommodations in the area. There are more high end accommodations along la Reforma nearby. There is also easy Transportation links to the Zona Rosa on the Metro. If you pick up a local gay paper, you'll see what bathhouses (or Spa's) in the area are open. These and "play spaces" tend to open and close quickly, so whatever I can tell you is probably not accurate. This is where I've had the most luck meeting up with the locals for a littlie nsa fun. From a bar perspective, I'd advise that you check out their facebook page and recent event photos to avoid drag nights, unless that's your thing.

I prefer to stay downtown in the Historic Zone, where there are a few gay pubs or trendy spots that are predominantly gay, popular in the late afternoon / early evening after work. There are a few leather places mixed in downtown, again..if that's your thing. The Hotels downtown are older, many very good ones to chose from and lots of Aztec and Historical Mexican things to see around the Z├│calo or within easy reach on the Metro. I find the downtown core a great place to walk around at night, to grab a sandwich, a taco, quesadilla or a cold beer. There are still a few old classic restaurants. The Museum of Anthropology is incredible, not far from la Reforma in Chapultepec Park.

There are a few other neighbourhoods with the odd club or pub, I quite like the Polanco...also along the Metro.

Your should be able to get by without too much Spanish, although knowing more would certainly improve your experience.

Surfcrest

Liked

Thanks

I will stay at Hilton Reforma Hotel

How much are boys looking for generally?

Liked

I haven't paid for sex in Mexico since the 90's. The Spa works fine for me if I have time. I prefer the non city boys in some of the other places in Mexico and Guatemala, that I visit.

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    I will stay at Hilton Reforma Hotel
    You're at a good spot then, close to the Palacio de Bellas Artes. I'd strongly recommend you book some tickets to the Ballet Folkl├│rico de M├йxico de Amalia Hern├бndez. The Palacio is a huge marble structure on the edge of the Park, sinking a little in the soft soil. The Mirador Torre Latino is just up L├бzaro C├бrdenas, a miniature Empire State Building set on stilts, so it doesn't sink in the mud. There's an excellent sandwich shop right there, you'll see the long line up outside going down the street...don't miss out! If you follow L├бzaro C├бrdenas north from the Palacio, it will take you to Plaza Girabaldi, the biggest Mariachi park anywhere and spectacular to see and hear. You'll be near Cinco (5) de Mayo from the Palacio, a beautiful street that will take you to the Z├│calo, the National Buildings and the Aztec Templo Mayer. It is all walkable and safe, even at night. There are some gay pubs in the Historic Zone near the Palacio, La Malague├▒a, Oasis.

The Metro near you is Ju├бrez (Green), the Blue line will take you downtown to the Z├│calo and beyond, the red line to Insurgentes for the Zona Rosa. Walk toward Londres and Hamburgo. You'll see from the gridlock traffic around your Hotel area how difficult traveling by car can be at certain times of the day. The Metro goes all the way to the Airport.

There are also a lot of other great places to see in the City and out. The Pyramids of Teotihuac├бn are worth the trip, about an hour by bus. Taxco is not far, if you are into buying silver and it's a beautiful town.

Enjoy your trip!

Surfcrest

Liked

Thanks for all the great info!

Liked

You're very welcome!

I think that if you spend your time hunting for guys, you may or may not find what you're looking for, but if you go out to enjoy the sights, making eye contact with the many handsome faces you see you may find what you're looking for as well. There are lots of Mexican guys into older guys that aren't always commercial. The Museum of Anthropology is a favorite with all the University students milling about.

Paseo de la Reforma is also right next to you and is the main Boulevard through the city and the heart of the financial zone. Where the Historic Zone goes back 500 years plus, the financial zone is glass skyscrapers and modern Mexico. If you travel away from the Zona Rosa when you get off the Metro at Insurgentes towards la Reforma you'll find El Angel, a monument with an elevator inside to take you to an excellent arial view.

Again, Enjoy!

Surfcrest