Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Mosaik/East Suites updates from current Thailand trip.

Liked

Mosaik/East Suites updates from current Thailand trip.

Nearing the end of a Thailand and Euro trip, so just a few updates regarding accommodation in pattaya while it is fresh in mind.

Mosaik. As has already been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, and just to confirm, Mosaik prices are due to increase on November 1. Both Nong and Nop there advised it was to be 25% across-the-board, but on comparing previous trip Mosaik costs to that quoted to me for next trip in Jan/Feb 2016 on like-for-like apartments, the quote doesn't seem to be anywhere near 25%. But Mosaik have always had high season (1 Nov-31 March)and low season (1 Apr-31 Oct) rates and the cost quoted to me seems like low season rate with about 25%. Anyway just to add that I still find the high season/increased rate an acceptable level for the product. The rooms are still furnished to a high standard and the room we had this time, a one bed deluxe corner unit above Grottinos was immaculate. It has a new rain shower with separate 'normal' shower side by side, and these one bed deluxe corner units are huge. They also have TV in bedroom as well as lounge with DVD player. Also another change was the NEW mattress..."anonone"...this is for you! It was a very deep mattress with soft padded top and a further light padded cover on top of that. Very comfortable, when chatting to Nong during the stay he confirmed some rooms had the new type of mattress but not all rooms, so if the mattress is an issue it might be worth requesting one for the room you book, or asking which room types have it.

Even with the rate increase they still seem very busy as I was unable to get the specific room type I wanted for my Pattaya dates in February, as they were all taken already. We did manage to get a Prestige Studio which is still a very large room, with bed/wardrobe area, kitchen area, dining table/chairs and a separate TV area with large sofa and two large sofa seats, and was still a decent Bt970 per night plus utilities for Feb 2016.

Mosaik may no longer have the bargain rates of the last few years (as it must be about that length of time the prices have remained the same) but still decent value in my opinion. This is the first rate increase I can remember since I started staying there after Flamingo shut a few years back.

East-Suites. On the subject of accommodation, I stayed first couple nights of my trip in Jomtien at East Suites, I have posted positive reviews before regarding East Suites and just to update and confirm they, like Mosaik, have kept their standards high with large immaculate rooms. I had only been able to book the smallest unit for this trip as that was the only one available at the time of booking, but when I checked in I asked if there were any larger units available, they only had one of their largest units vacant for my stay, and John the owner very kindly offered me this for a rate below it's normal level. A massive unit for around Bt1200. They have 24 hour reception, the room had large rain shower, kitchen area, sofa/chairs/table TV-DVD area, floor-to-ceiling patio/balcony glass doors and thankfully blackout curtains. Excellent breakfasts too.

I hope to post further trip details when time allows. I haven't had time to log in for a about 4 weeks while travelling so apologies for not replying to those who sent PMs/emails asking for info and those regarding posts I made near the start of the trip.

Liked

Re: Mosaik/East Suites updates from current Thailand trip.

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    Nearing the end of a Thailand and Euro trip, so just a few updates regarding accommodation in pattaya while it is fresh in mind.

Mosaik. . Also another change was the NEW mattress..."anonone"...this is for you! It was a very deep mattress with soft padded top and a further light padded cover on top of that. Very comfortable, when chatting to Nong during the stay he confirmed some rooms had the new type of mattress but not all rooms, so if the mattress is an issue it might be worth requesting one for the room you book, or asking which room types have it.
    Well, thanks for the personalized update.
    This might just make me put Mosaik back into consideration. We have been staying at a condo in Jomtien, which we have both come to like quite a bit. GREAT mattress (LOL), plus a big pool and all the other comforts of home. I do like the location of Mosaik much better though, so good to know they could be an option again.

When you have a chance, any updates on the bars / clubs would be interesting. Hopefully we are coming out of low season and things will be hopping a bit when we return in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.