Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bali and KL Trip Report

Liked

Bali and KL Trip Report

Day 1

My first trip report for Sawatdee Forum, and as Day One was a travelling day, I'll set out the ground rules. First thing to state is that I'm travelling with the bf. He's Indonesian (Javan) and quit simply the loveliest bloke you could ever hope to meet. He is also under the impression that being partners means that we are monogamous. Which at least one of us is not. It is a topic of ongoing discussion. He always plans to leave me to get married (to a girl - and thus get the family off his back) soonish, so I feel less guilt that I otherwise might.

Secondly, my travel modus operandi. I travel for food, drink and massages. And well, if the truth be known, enjoying the visual delights of the male species that inhabit our planet.

Someone else on this forum expressed a sentiment that is close to how I approach the massages... that is I do not go expecting or wanting to find sex. In fact, I hope it never happens. Instead I want to be teased and titilated. I want the suggestion to be there, the longing and thoughts that it is entirely possible. I realise that is different to the majority of people on this Board. Two suggested reasons why. Firstly I have observed that I only remember the men I didn't - but cold have - had. It's weird, but once I have sex with someone they vanish from my memory. Of course, writing about them in a forum like this helps... but I only remember probably 3 of the 100's of guys I've slept with in Thailand. But I remember every guy I didn't sleep with that (in my addled mind) could have happened. Weird, but true. The second reason is that the amount that some other members spend on their indulgence in the Land of Smiles just makes my eyes water. Something an ordinary pleb like myself just could not afford.

We got into Bali at about 11:00pm, about 30 minutes behind schedule, despite leaving Melbourne on time. No biggie, and normally I love the air travel part of a holiday. But this plane's seats seemed unusually cramped, and then it turned out they didn't take credit card, so my onboard purchases were limited. Yes it was a budget line - AirAsia - an airline I rate highly. But one Bintang an enjoyable air journey does not make.

Customs was a bit of a breeze, but the hike of a visa to $50 was a slap in the face. Then the luggage conveyor kept breaking down. It really was one of the silliest designs ever seen (in keeping with much of the "new" Ngurah Rai International Airport). What a dud. When staff could not be found, intrepid fellow travellers jumped onto the conveyor to clear the resulting carnage more than once. A joke.

We stopped by Loata a 24 hour restaurant for our ritual Bubur - rice porridge - this time with prawns. God I love it.

And finally crashed into bed at 2am, 5am Hobart time. I'd been up for 22 hours.

Liked

Re: Bali and KL Trip Report

Can't wait for further impressions of Bali. Are you staying in Seminyak?

Liked

Hey Firecat! Good question, as I forgot to mention that we are staying this trip (11 nights) all in Ubud. I am a great fan of Ubud - although often stay in Legian when on the coast. You've obviously been before?

Liked

Day 2

We ran straight to the one massage place listed on Utopia Asia - Milano. I used to visit another spa called Modena, and knew that they called their male masseurs to come from Milano. But Modena was just so aesthetically pleasing that I was loathe to go elsewhere. Anyway Modena had relocated a couple of kilometres away, and now had become massage for men... interesting. Will definitely check it out later this trip. It also turned out both massages places were owned by the same bloke. We said hello to everyone and promised to be back after lunch.

Which we did. (Lunch was at a new Ubud eatery, Arang Sate, which turned out to be a real find.)

Back at Milano, and on account of a torrid time with the shower at our accommodation elected to have the Mandi Lulur - massage, body scrub and then bath. The Manager of sorts was quite cute - and I would have liked him to be my masseur. But when he showed my to my room, he produced a pair of ridiculous paper undies for my use. The moment that these appear, any thought of suggestiveness goes out the window. And so it was for this session. My masseur arrived and he was from Java. Normally Javanese blokes float my boat, but this guy was very vanilla. Nothing at all to write home about. But he could do a strong massage. And the bath with ginger tea and biscuits was very relaxing. What did piss me off was that they added government tax onto the prices on their brochure - but there was no mention of it on the brochure. Not good form. (Apparently Indonesian GST is 10% if the business' turnover is greater that IDR600,000,000. Anyway enough of the tax lesson.) First day's massage was a dud in the titilation stakes.

Ubud is literally brimming with good-looking men from all over the world. Sitting on a cafe balcony and watching them makes for a particularly fine pastime, and makes up (partially) for a dud massage day.

Oh, and the other discovery today was Cinema Paradiso. Stumbled across this facility purely by chance, and at the time of writing (after only two visits) I am an unabashed fan.

What a great concept... a large theatre space with low couches (not all that comfortable) and some normal two-seater couches (more comfortable) with low tables and a big, big screen for the space. Add to that a cranking sound system, and a $AUD5 (nett) entry price, $AUD4 of which is applied to your food and drink bill (which is then ++). If that's not a deal, I don't know what is.

We've pencilled in visits for the rest of the week.

Liked

Day 3

This day was set aside to visit Jungle Fish, a restaurant swimming pool combo. I mostly liked it, but won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say one of the waiters, Nyoman, complete with braces on his teeth, was to die for. He so could have found himself married to an Australian before the day's end.

After returning to town we went to Cinema Paradiso (as mentioned in the Day 2 report) and got ourselves tickets to the 7:30pm screening. If left us with only an hour to scout around for a quick massage. Around the corner was the curiously named Boreh Pijat Salon & Sauna. As we were perusing the menu, out came Wayan.

Now Balinese men usually do nothing for me. Usually, but there are some exceptions. And Wayan was certainly an exception. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that I was half tanked from the endless mojitos consumed at Jungle Fish. (I will return in a couple of day's time - sober - to check out if indeed it was the mojitos talking.)

I only had a limited amount of time, so asked for the 30 minute back and shoulder massage. In my past experience these have been done clothed, but he said take off your shirt and processed to apply oil. Again I have no idea how much was real and how much was imagined, but I felt sparks. Thirty short minutes. Hopefully the shortest massage of my trip.

We will return to Boreh Pijat Salon & Sauna in coming days to see whether I should nominate my imagination for an Academy Award, or whether Wayan and I are destined for greater things.

Liked

Day 4

We were up early and the bf has sussed out a coffee shop that he wanted to visit: Seniman Coffee Studio. It was a treat. We arrived to find it fairly chockers with hipsters and assorted Bali psuedo-hippies. The chairs rocked (literally) and the coffee was way fine, not to mention served in rather a unique manner. We were well-impressed with this coffee palace, and will return to sample the food at a later date.

After Facebook check-in, an acquaintance replied and said and don't forget to check out Kafe, advice that was followed up immediately. It proved to be good on the ambiance and service fronts, if not necessarily the food.

Once it was massage time, we trounced off to Boreh Pijat Salon & Sauna in search of the man of the my dreams - Wayan - only to find that it was his day off. Once told this, I remember being informed of it the night before in my inebriated state. Sigh.

So we decided just to wander around and see what presented itself. And so it turned out that we ended up at Milano again. It was actually completely by chance. True! There were hardly any other customers (it must have been about 7pm or later), and out of the mob of staff huddled over a moto emerged this absolutely stunning guy. [Swallow hard.] [Don't look too pleased.]

At this point, the bf is tugging at my sleeve going "No, this is the place that charges tax". And I'm at a loss to think up a good retort, but there is no way I'm letting this babe out of my sight. I claim to be too tired to look any further, to which he make a low gutteral noise that can be loosely translated to mean "You're gonna get it" and off he trots home. I actually didn't have any money and had to borrow from him to have the massage.

This guy is shorter that me (I prefer men either shorter or much taller than me - preferably nothing within 5 cm either side of my height). He had a buzz cut - but somehow stylish. He couldn't have weighed more than 60kg, but strangely very masculine.

We went up to a huge room and he left whilst I showered. Thankfully no paper undies were discussed. He was a man of few words. Little did I care. The sarong used to cover myself on the massage table came off pretty quickly, and the within 10 minutes he had stuck his knee hard up against my balls whilst he was massaging my back. The suggestiveness had started and I was in heaven.

After working on my lower back, he moved around to the top of the table and placed my forearms across my head, so that as he pushed into the table to get at my back, one of my hands was in contact with his crotch. I hesitated - this was the point that I always pause at... waiting for a second sign as it were, removing any doubt. He moved to the side of the table and worked there for a while before returning to the top. I decided to try my luck and moved my fingers ever so slightly, touching what was most assuredly a hard cock.

I was face down and could see nothing, but I heard a belt buckle fumbled with and a zipper undone. Whoa! I looked up and informed him that I had next to no tip to offer as the bf had handed over just enough for the massage and a "reasonable" tip. He shock his head, which I took to mean "don't worry about it". I played with something not unimpressive through the jocks until he unleashed a beautifully uncut cock, that found a waiting mouth. Pants and undies were off in no time and shirt followed. A stunning body in anyone's language even given his lightweight status.

No need to go into further detail, suffice to say that my claim, that I only want the suggestion that something could happen, to be in tatters. This was better than I have had in a long time and it realistically cost me about the equivalent of 650 baht for both the massage and tip.

I retired to the villa a very happy man indeed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

glad that you enjoyed it but I got more of a kick in your ( perhaps albeit inadvertently) getting one over on your BF who ( no doubt) had ensured the amount he loaned you was "just enough and no more" and he no doubt walked home giggling "ha thats no sex for HIM today, I'll show him to go for a massage" lol - I hope you told him all about it when you went home just to rub it in ! lol

Liked

Ha ha Nirish! I was all ready to rub it in, but the daggers coming out of his eyes when I got home were enough to convince me that it was not a safe option. Better to live and massage another day...

Liked

Day 5

Day 5 was slated in my mind as "Wayan Day". Our true love would be revealed for all to see.... etc., etc.

We started the day at Anomali Coffee, on the recommendation of an Indonesian friend. Downstairs was packed and so we retreated to upstairs which was deserted. Stools and a bench at the corner of the room provided a nice vantage point overlooking the intersection of Jalan Raya Ubud and Jalan Hanoman, and a never-ending stream of hot men flowed past.

There's no table service at this coffee house, but the cake fridge did look inviting (even to a non sweet tooth like myself). The toilet is home to a particularly disturbing piece of art exhorting users to throw neither toilet paper nor tampons into the toilet bowl. I doubt I shall recover.

Next stop was Warong Melting Pot about which we'd read on TripAdvisor yonks ago, and it had been on the list ever since.

The salad that came with the chicken nearly blew my arse out, but the taste of the sauce/veggies with the chicken was divine. Hmmm... I might fall in love with this eatery. We followed later with dessert - and believe me there was no rushing in this establishment. They were happy for us to take our time, and we probably spent the better part of three hours in there.

I could wait no longer. Off to see my future husband, Wayan. We arrived and he was mid-massage with another Aussie who emerged showing some serious bum-crack. Was I jealous? Hell no. I was, however, nearly dying from anticipation.

Seeing Wayan made me realise what it was that drew me to him... he was a dead-set ringer for a guy that I had fallen in lust with 20 years ago in our town. The guy from 20 years ago, however, was Thai. He opened an Asian restaurant serving Thai, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisine and it was a great hit. I never did try to crack onto to him, but was happy to be a distant admirer.

It was clear that this unrequited affection had found a new target in Wayan, he of the easy smile and affable demeanour. Swoon.

I asked to have a shower, and when we went to the curtained area that served as a massage studio, Wayan produced some shorts that he said I should put on. They were board shorts which were pretty well useless in the current situation. As it turned out, he had to push the legs up to get at my thighs during the massage, and they were uncomfortably restrictive to boot. The only purpose they served was to stop the meat and two veg from falling out. I, on the other hand, wanted said meat and two veg out and ready for inappropriate physical attention.

But alas, there was to be none of that. The massage was so above board as to be thoroughly disappointing. There wasn't even an accidental brush or a glancing deflection. My rejection was complete when Wayan, massaging my chest, studiously avoided the nipples. That was the sign that he wasn't doing anything that wasn't kosher, and given I'd tipped for nothing at all two nights ago, I thought I'd given sufficient indication that greater tips would be forthcoming for fantasies fulfilled. It was not to be. Suffice to say - upon reflection - my love for Wayan two days earlier was indeed the mojitos talking.

I retired, out for a duck. But not without hope. Tomorrow I had booked into a full day spa experience. 7 hours of being manhandled. Now that was something to look forward to.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Better to live and massage another day..."

Oh I don't know, as I always say 'its better to have lubed and lost than never to have lubed at all!" :-)