Day 12

This is mostly a travelling day. KL is only three hours away, but there's the getting to the airport in the notorious Denpasar traffic, and then customs and so on. As it was traffic was fine and although check-in was delayed we found ourselves with time enough to go out on search of one final Bali massage. That wasn't to be as of the two that we came across, one had no staff and the other all female staff. Thanks, but no thanks.

So we consoled ourselves with beers in an airport bar. The Denpasar airport has come a long way since I was last here mid-2015. The eating and drinking options have greatly expanded, although prices (like any airport) are too high. Our flight was a delayed half an hour, but there were so many hot men in the airport, I could have cared less.

The bf was quite sad to be leaving Bali which was interesting. He's previously lived in Bali whilst studying for his PhD, so maybe it was that familiarity, or maybe it was the realisation that reality (work and study) was just around the corner.

Finally onto Kuala Lumpur. Many people I know rag this city out, but I like it a lot. Not as much as like Bangers, but hey, they are two very different beasts.

We checked into our hotel in Bukit Bintang, and whilst the room was nothing to write home about, the Exec Lounge was a treat. Two hours of unlimited cocktails each night, and I have since discovered that I can consume a considerable number of Daiquiris in two hours. The staff were great, and one of them in particular was not adverse to a flirt. We talked a lot about his calves for some reason.

We were joined by a mate from Singapore and headed off to Blue Boy, that bastion of seedy bar activity. I once remarked to a mate that if you canтАЩt pick up at Blue Boy, you are probably dead.

Those were words I had to reconsider tonight as whilst we were there (about 1┬╜ hours), only 20 guys showed up тАУ and they were all expats or tourists. Not a single Malay, Chinese or Indian to be seen. Apart from the staff that is, and they were not going to receive Mr Universe nominations any time soon.

We left slightly disappointed (but of course hiding said disappointment just in case the bf take umbrage). And that was KL day one. When rereading this account it sounded dull тАУ but I have to say I was greatly buoyed by being in KL again. I really do like this city. And the menfolk тАУ as I mentioned in an earlier post тАУ are (whilst not outstanding) uniformly fuckable. Malay, Chinese, IndianтАж even the expats here are cute.

And we had an outstanding view of that marvel in architectural style, the Petronas Twin Towers, from our hotel window. What, exactly, is not to like?