Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quiet bars

Liked

Quiet bars

I've been out of the loop for a while and now suffer from a form of tinnitus that makes loud music quite intolerable.

Can anybody recommend some bars that are well stocked with nice young lads where they don't feel the need for a satanic sound system?

Liked

Re: Quiet bars

Where in Thailand? Bangkok, Pattaya, etc, etc. As for bars, are you interested in beer/host bars or go-go clubs?

Unfortunately even if one bar is quiet, the one next to it can be extremely loud and obnoxious.

Liked

"Where in Thailand? Bangkok, Pattaya, etc, etc. "

- I'm quite easy on that front - can travel..

"As for bars, are you interested in beer/host bars or go-go clubs?"

- I can live without go-go bars and oiled up dancers, but would prefer a bar where the guys have their shirts off..

Liked

Mr old git ... please check your PM Inbox.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git
    "Where in Thailand? Bangkok, Pattaya, etc, etc. "

- I'm quite easy on that front - can travel..

"As for bars, are you interested in beer/host bars or go-go clubs?"

- I can live without go-go bars and oiled up dancers, but would prefer a bar where the guys have their shirts off..
    Since your specs are too general or vague I can only offer negative responses. I know of no shirtless host bar in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya either quiet or noisy. There are some quiet bars but doubt they are well stocked with young lads. However next time around the Plaza will keep my eyes and ears open.

Furthermore what are your intentions with the lads? Just to chat and have a drink? Hold, hug, grope, kiss, cuddle, off them, etc? Or just look and lust? A lot will also depend on your willingness to buy a drink and give a tip.

On second thought, there is Good Boys in Sunee Plaza if you prefer the rougher type of lad. I don't recall any loud music directly from there and the boys are sometimes shirtless.

Liked

"Furthermore what are your intentions with the lads? Just to chat and have a drink? Hold, hug, grope, kiss, cuddle, off them, etc? Or just look and lust? A lot will also depend on your willingness to buy a drink and give a tip."

Depends on how much I fancy them.. I've always paid attention to reputation management when it comes to tips and drinks, and enjoy the close friendly company of good eye candy. If a guy really appeals to me I might take him ST to explore his lunchbox, but rarely back to my room.

Thanks for the tip for Sunee Plaza - have made a note..

Smiles - thanks for your PM

Liked

For sure no quiet bars in Boyztown/Pattayaland area in Pattaya that meet your criteria. There may be some bars in Jomtien Complex, Pattaya, but will leave that to others with more experience than I.

Liked

I note that the two noisiest bars in Boyztown , Copa and particularly Cafe Royale, barely attract double figures between them on an average night. Perhaps building walls to protect the sois from the noise may help? The three host bars, on the other hand, where music is tolerable, were reasonably busy last night, while BBB with its old- fashioned notions about four-walled rooms is, allegedly , doing well.
    A word to the wise.

Liked

I take earplugs when I go to bars or discos (rarely need them in bars, but often in discos).

Liked

Wise. I bought the best ear plugs available and they have an ensured a good night's rest this time.
    Of course, it's not just the music but the ladyboy screams that follow the their closure.
    I recall that Funnyboys, until recent changes, was the most popular of the gogo bars without shows....one of its USPs was that the music was kept to a reasonable level. Much appreciated by those of us over fifty!