Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip request in Bangkok

Liked

Tip request in Bangkok

I'm in Pattaya now but when I was in Bangkok, I made my way to the soi twilight bars. I sat through the shows at Dreamboys and the 2nd show at boys bangkok. It was ok but I won't be going back for another few years. The show was boring and I have seen it all before in previous visits over the years at the bar but this time it all seemed so low budget and routine.

Dreamboys host told me the off fee was 500 baht and the tip should be 2000 baht.

The next day I went back to Soi Twilight and stuck my head in every bar and found no reason to enter any of them so I went to Golden Cock and the bar hidden in an alley along the same street. At Golden cock there were a few good looking guys. 3 guys sat with me and one was a fat guy. I picked a handsome well hung guy to drink with me and the others left. We cuddled and groped for a while and after some time he whispered that he wanted me to off him for 400 baht and told me 1000 was a good tip for him. He asked me if 1000 was too much then tip was up to me. I didn't off him but I did tip him very well.

That is one of the reasons why I reject everything everyone tells me how much I "Must Tip" guys. I think that is how much THEY (the demanding poster) must tip the guys. We are all different and so are the guys we meet in the bars. But for some reason, must of the advice on the boards of what I must do and other rules they want to put on us readers and posters is nothing more than an opinion that does not translate well into the real world.

Edit:::

About the bar on the side street or alley... There were many good looking guys there and I was surprised by that, but because of the rain they had no customers. When I was there I was the only customer and I sat with the guy. One hand on my beer and one hand in his underwear haha
    I didn't off him but I tipped him the off amount. I don't remember how much it was due to the fog of beer by that time. It was the last bar I visited before going back to my room.

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Tip request in Bangkok

You could always offer free English lessons in lieu of a tip, which apparently some farangs do. :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    You could always offer free English lessons in lieu of a tip, which apparently some farangs do. :-)
    I don't undertip. I prefer to pay cash and be done with it. I just don't think it is helpful for other tippers to make tip demands on others. It's a waste. They can say what they tip but to say less or more is wrong is simply..... wrong.

If a guy in a bar is willing to take english lessons in exchange for sex... Who am I to say that is a bad deal and should never happen?
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

They can say what they like, it's free speech. You can ignore them, that's your right. Paying a little more being a waste? I really don't agree. I enjoy paying something more than the going rate if what I am getting is somewhat better than the basics. To me it encourages good service. If someone is beaten down to the same low figure whether the service is great or crap where's any incentive to provide good service?

Liked

What is the "going rate" & who determines it. Has any scientific survey been carried out?
    If bucknaway was happy with the company he had at the bar who was a good company for the evening, then the tip he paid the man was the going rate. It's quite useless really to stick to the 2000 baht going rate of boys from Dreamboys if the customer was totally disappointed in the end.
    Once again, who actually determines the going rate?

Liked

The going rate in Bangkok is higher than other places in Thailand less
    Than 1500 BHT will not be appriciate by money boys there, it is very rare that I take boys in BKK .

Liked

The Dreamboy host and all the rest of the bar management in Soi Twilight should stay out of the 'tip' aspect of the hook-up cos they don't have a clue about business.

One of them told me in 2014 that drink prices had gone up to 350 baht because 'now we no have cutamer'. I was tempted to say the obvious but I buttoned my lips and setltled in as the only cutamer in the bar.

I don't approve of cheap-charlie customers and I'm not one myself but the tip should vary depending on long-time or short, the boys expectations, service and so on.

The problem with a blanket policy of 2000 baht is that many boys who would welcome 1000 baht or 1500 baht will never meet the customers who are willing to pay these amounts.

One can argue that Thailand is much cheaper for this sort of gay R&R than Australia, Europe and America but these foreign customers must pay to get here and stay here and they come here partly because there is (or was) percieved value for money.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OH....here we go again...the price nazis will soon jump on the band wagon. Yeah right...the going rate in BKK is 2000 ...yet I score sooo much prime arse under 1000....now where is that amphora of water...need to turn it into wine....fuck I'm good!!

Liked

There was a guy frm Tawan who once asked for 5,000 for a long time session. Not sure if he was serious or that was another way of saying "No". :-)

Liked

At the end of the day the customer decides the tip.

As for the 2000 baht "recommendations" from the mama-sans in Soi Twilight, they can go fuck themselves. Probably most, if not all, of the guys would be happy with a little less as opposed to nothing at all.

1500 for short time sounds like a reasonable starting point in Bangkok. The cost of living is higher there than in Pattaya.

The guy I offed every day from Golden Cock told me that hardly any guys ever get offed from his bar. Customers come in for a drink, maybe leave a tip and then leave. That may be why the guy said he'd be happy with 1000 or less.