Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel To Bangkok 2/1/16 to 2/4/16

Liked

Travel To Bangkok 2/1/16 to 2/4/16

Hi guys,

I plan to travel to Bangkok next year alone and would like some suggestions of where I can go meet people (local or foreigner) besides all the sight seeing I have in mind. I'm from LA and this is going to be my first trip in Bangkok. I hope I could find someone who is willing to suggest places or show me around in Bangkok. I also do not mind (though some of you might think I'm nut) if there's any cool guys here who wants to travel or meet me there, why not? Who knows what will turn out. We will possibly have a fun trip together and become good friends at the end, right? Or maybe will have an argument and part our way never talk to each other again?? hehe. As you guys can see, i have a good sense of humor too.

So guys, hit me up!

Liked

Re: Travel To Bangkok 2/1/16 to 2/4/16

Just a small warning : if you travel on a 60-days tourist visa with a 30 days extension, without going to another country during your stay, you will have to leave before 31/03 at 23.59 (29 days in February 2016) so be careful when booking your flights or plan a trip to one of the neighbouring countries.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

I'm guessing he is using the U.S. Date format so is there for just a few days To the OP, if you can't find anyone to meet on the forum then you can get a local guide or companion for a few days at very good rates. Only first trip I had a guide for a couple of days and he saved me far more than it cost to hire him with his advice. In addition, having someone local who could act as a one to one tour guide for a couple of days let me fit far more in than I might have done otherwise.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Such a long voyage for such a tiny length of stay.
    You might be in a plane longer than in Bangkok.
    Then factor in jet lag and culture shock.
    Sure you can't add just another week there (or TWO)?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz
    Just a small warning : if you travel on a 60-days tourist visa with a 30 days extension, without going to another country during your stay, you will have to leave before 31/03 at 23.59 (29 days in February 2016) so be careful when booking your flights or plan a trip to one of the neighbouring countries.
    Hi guy, thanks for pointing that one out. I actually have four short days in Bangkok (from 2/1/16- 2/4/16). After that I'm off to Malaysia.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    Such a long voyage for such a tiny length of stay.
    You might be in a plane longer than in Bangkok.
    Then factor in jet lag and culture shock.
    Sure you can't add just another week there (or TWO)?

Hi dab69,

I know the almost 15 hr flight and the jet lag part are equally brutal but this is what I can squeeze in for my first experience in Bangkok. I might extend one more day or two if I really like it there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Forky123
    I'm guessing he is using the U.S. Date format so is there for just a few days To the OP, if you can't find anyone to meet on the forum then you can get a local guide or companion for a few days at very good rates. Only first trip I had a guide for a couple of days and he saved me far more than it cost to hire him with his advice. In addition, having someone local who could act as a one to one tour guide for a couple of days let me fit far more in than I might have done otherwise.
    Hi Forky123,

Thanks for your advice. I might consider using a tour guide if i can't find anyone here. Such a brilliant idea! How can I locate this tour guide?

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by melvinck
    Quote Originally Posted by Forky123
    Hi Forky123,

Thanks for your advice. I might consider using a tour guide if i can't find anyone here. Such a brilliant idea! How can I locate this tour guide?
    The links Francois gave are ok. I had Ya as a guide on my first trip. Very knowledgable and helpful both with the touristy stuff and around the gay nightlife. If you are only there 4 days, I would only have a guide for the first one or two. I found it great to see the sites in a shorter time than I'd have been able to see them myself but once I was somewhat used to all the different transport methods and familiar with the local area I was more than happy to go off and explore on my own.

Liked

Do I smell a troll here. Not sure.